Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

A site that summarises parenting books..

Posted by on May. 1, 2014 at 4:03 AM
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you pay for a subscription to a book-summarising site?

Options:

No, I like reading books full length in my own time

Yes I would subscribe, kinda helps me. Id pay $2-12/mth

Yes I would subscribe, genius idea! Happy to pay $12-20/mth

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 7

View Results

Ok, curious... If you love reading Parenting/Marriage books, and there was an app/site that offered summarized versions of Parenting/Marriage books for you to read..

would you be interested in it, and

would you be willing to pay for it? What price range? 

Personally, I have only seen one site that does this, and it died 2 years ago. I would love a site like this, as I dont get time to read, but I see a lot of us on here DO make time to read. Personally I'd pay for a site where I could just type in a book name I would love to read but dont have time to, and get a summary x pages long emailed to me. Me daydreaming here lol. Anyone else?

by on May. 1, 2014 at 4:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
melindabelcher
by Mel on May. 1, 2014 at 9:28 AM

That wouldn't work for me. 

I read alot of reviews and only buy books after chekcing them out in stores. If i buy a parenting style book i read through the whole thing and usually have it all kinds of highlighted. 

mrs.hartman12
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 10:12 AM

I voted no but thats because I don't read those kind of books. 

Bleacher-mom
by Member on May. 1, 2014 at 2:10 PM
Mmm, that's a tough one. I have read some really good parenting and marriage book that were really long and you could tell, by the way things were constantly repeated, that the author did that to make it longer. So yes, in that way I would like to read just a a summary. However, I don't see myself paying for it (maybe if it was really, really good and had a huge selection) b/c I rarely pay for books now. I either get mine from the library or borrow from a friend.
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2014 at 2:50 PM

No. Amazon has enough; between their "look inside" feature, the description, and the reviews.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)