Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Age gaps and juggling HS?

Posted by   + Show Post

Any tips on how to keep younger ones preoccupied while teaching older ones? Do you just keep flexible and accept little spurts of time when you get them? I have a 1, 3 and 5 yr old and need a clue as to what I am gna do in future hehe! Baby is SO BUSY! It is hard to get focused time with the older 2! 

by on May. 1, 2014 at 5:05 AM
Replies (11-13):
Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this
With them being that young, I honestly would not be doing formal school for another year. For the oldest, maybe an hour a day is all that's needed. Your baby won't be this little for very long, and this is a fleeting season in life. When they're in their teens, you won't even remember that year you didn't get much done. Academically, it won't make any difference at all.
puglove029
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 9:32 PM

I have a 14 year old, 11 year old, and a 4 year old. I try to get done with the 11 year old first (he gets up early), and then have him occupy the 4 year old while I work with the 14 year old. I don't do anything formal with the 4 year old yet. 

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2014 at 9:52 PM

When my oldest was doing K and 1st, the younger two were still napping, so we did our "real" school work during their nap time. Other stuff we just did all together - dramatic play, visiting library, art/craft projects. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)