Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Music - 60s, 70s, and 80s

Posted by on May. 1, 2014 at 5:56 PM
  • 1 Replies

I know this is a long shot, but I thought I'd throw it out there, just in case, ya know?

I asked DS (who will be in 7th next year) what he'd like to learn for Music next year. After some thought he told me he'd like to learn about 60's, 70's and 80s music. (I've gotten him hooked on the local Oldies channel LOL.)

Obviously, I can make my own thing, come up with whatever, BUT I thought I'd throw this out there, just to see if anyone happens to know of anything offhand - books or curriculum - (or even has some fabulous ideas) to help teach something like this.

Thoughts?

by on May. 1, 2014 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 1, 2014 at 7:25 PM

My youngest began learning the guitar last year and ever since he's been obsessed with 80's music...though at first I kept laughing as he constantly said, "I want to learn Crazy Train by Ozzy Oswald" lol 

so anyway, I started with the evolution of music, from classical (how even Beethoven used his music make political statements) to the rebellious jazz of the 20's and how that lead to the birth of rock in the 50's (Elvis!) and through to the 60's where it split to the rebellion of the 'alternative' style (which lead to the Woodstock era) or the cleaner rock of the Beatles. Then how these lead to the 80's where it split again w/ techno, hard rock, rap, and (gulp) pop. The music of these eras was all about the social circle - neighborhoods coming together with like histories & troubles. It is true even to today's music. 

But I don't know of a specific curriculum for it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN