Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It's May! What are you doing this month?

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 9:54 AM
  • 21 Replies
?
by on May. 2, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jwhit8791
by Jessica on May. 2, 2014 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Finshing up 4 more weeks......and going to a homeschool convention mid-month to look for new curriculum.

AmyMamie
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Starting 1st grade - we took off 3 weeks after Kindergarten was done, and this month we're gone on a driving vacation for 2 weeks.  So we're having a soft start to 1st grade, which is nice.  We'll have school year-round, with several vacations along the way.  

tntmom1027
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Continuing with our science and history which right now is about continents, habitats, animal classification etc. 

We are growing plants for a gardening club, going to a big cat zoo with other homeschoolers, going Rock climbing with some homeschoolers. Then we have the usually bowling day(Homeschool group) and science meeting and perhaps the art meeting as well.  Have a co op field trip to the Wildlife Sanctuary on Monday as well. 

kmath
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Continuing with Dinosaurs and Human Body units. Might start third grade math. Reviewing LA. We have a field trip at the end of the month. Plus baseball season is in full swing.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

We are going to work toward finishing our math books, and our book we are reading.  Co-op is done next week and we have a field trip to the Wild Animal Park. 

I am also trying to plan for next year.

Kazmira222
by on May. 2, 2014 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I'll be turning 21 on the 12th :)
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2014 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Finishing the digestive and renal systems.... civil war era and post civil war.. including watching Roots.

A little literature and skimming the last two chapters of english.

Plodding along in math... pre algebra and long division with each of my older two.

Continuing phonics and printing with abby.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 10:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Zave is turning 9 tomorrow.  We are taking a much needed break, planting the garden and picking our unschooling topics for the summer.

TidewaterClan
by on May. 3, 2014 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Kicking hind end during this last month of the current school year!

Pearson has language arts 40% off for May, so I bought our phonics and spelling for next year (in July ha ha!).  I'm all set except for some cool art & music.

jjchick75
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 1:34 PM
We are finishing up 1st grade work this week. And other than co-op for a couple more weeks will be taking a nice long break. We need it or at least I do lol. I could never do year around, I'd lose it lol. We are filling the pool today and the kids are super excited. At the end of the month we are going to Galveston. My younger kids have never seen the beach. I'll be honest I'm not much of a beach person but the kids are going to love it! Then the second week of June we are going to see my grandma in North Carolina. So the next month and half or so are going to be busy busy busy!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN