Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It's May! What are you doing this month?

Posted by   + Show Post
?
by on May. 2, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
No_Difference
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2014 at 5:42 PM

We finished the majority of school for the most part, so the few things left for each kids, we're schooling very lax. 
In the mean time, Jamie has a play coming up. "Tech week" is this week which is mandatory practice from 4-9, and Friday is their first performance :) Swim clinics started, so we'll be at the pool as often as we can to get in shape for swim season, which also starts at the end of the month! I have a few sewing projects that have to get finished this month too before life gets too chaotic (as if it wasn't already?!) .

Codysmom2106
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 6:46 PM

Going at the end of the month for his required standardized testing. Other than that just plugging alone. We will probably take a break for a couple of weeks at the end of next month and then pick back up and work through the summer. 

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on May. 3, 2014 at 7:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

We went to Jazz Fest school days on Thursday May 1, it was so much fun, and on today May 3 we participated in lemonade day. Monday is my baby girl 7 th birthday. I'm not sure what else is planned for this month. We will be doing school work as usual.. Here's a picture of our lemonade stand. The kids enjoyed it, they donated money and was able to keep some.
collinsmommy0
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 11:53 PM
Ummmmm.....going on vacation and working on water safety skills. DS just turned 3, I'm also working on doing a circle time, reading a story, and doing an activity (not necessarily all at once, throughout the day) a few times a week
tuffymama
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:59 AM
I am shopping curricula, LO and I celebrate our birthday on the 19th, and we are moving to a farm at the end of the month. So excited! We've had four long, difficult years in this townhouse while we looked and prayed and waited for an opportunity like this.
Mommy2Phenley
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:40 AM
Slowly saying goodbye to the too many activities dd is in! Awana ends this week. Last soccer game is the 17th. Frontier girls and girls scouts ends the 22nd. And piano recital is first week of June. Piano we're dropping in favor of me teaching her at home. So all we will have left is dance class until fall then we're only picking back up girls scouts and soccer.

School-wise nothing new. We do school outside when it's nice. Or if friends are out I just let her go play instead. She's 5, sounds good to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JasonsMom2007
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:43 AM
Finishing up next Tuesday since fair starts Wednesday and we're involved in that with 4-h. Of course this week we're going on a trip Wednesday-Saturday. We'll do a little bit each day over summer but not a lot beyond natural learning and life skills.
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:41 AM
I know what you mean about activities slowly stopping. What a glorious feeling! Lol

Quoting Mommy2Phenley: Slowly saying goodbye to the too many activities dd is in! Awana ends this week. Last soccer game is the 17th. Frontier girls and girls scouts ends the 22nd. And piano recital is first week of June. Piano we're dropping in favor of me teaching her at home. So all we will have left is dance class until fall then we're only picking back up girls scouts and soccer.

School-wise nothing new. We do school outside when it's nice. Or if friends are out I just let her go play instead. She's 5, sounds good to me.
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2014 at 8:42 AM
Oh wow! Good luck! Any animals?

Quoting tuffymama: I am shopping curricula, LO and I celebrate our birthday on the 19th, and we are moving to a farm at the end of the month. So excited! We've had four long, difficult years in this townhouse while we looked and prayed and waited for an opportunity like this.
squeekers
by on May. 5, 2014 at 11:50 AM

I don't homeschool, but having been a middle school's librarian's parent tech for 6 years, I still get freebies. Can anyone in your group use this?

http://www.bookitprogram.com/enrollment/homeschool.asp

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)