Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Toilet training regression @3-4yrs old. Help!

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 11:12 AM
  • 2 Replies

Im at my end. My baby was born a year ago, and then, my 2nd child was just under 3. She went from being perfectly  toilet trained to total regression (except for poo's thankfully). When I started to train her again, it was a real fight as she was 3 and something, and had a bit of attitude. It has been a year since baby was born, and baby no.2 is still wetting her pants half the time, sometimes EVERY time. She has been in panties regardless, but last week she wee'd on the grocery store floor and I had it. Nappies again, I am done. Today I tried panties, and she wee'd everywhere we went. I have no idea what is 'normal' or if nothing is normal. I just know I dont know what the heck Im doing. She is a softie, she is so sweet and she doesnt take well to me getting cross, but she is nearly 4!? ARe they any non potty trained 4 yr olds lol?

Also, a question about bladder control - I notice the last few weeks she suddenly will need to go, and freezes, she cant move,  usually sits wherever she is and just grunts holding it in, and then wee's a tiny bit or a whole lot. It's like INSTANT need to go and then accident. At 2 yrs old it wasn't like this. Any ideas what is happening here?!! Thanks ladies :)

by on May. 2, 2014 at 11:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Talk to her doctor but it is completely normal.

My 7 year old was not potty trained at all till 3 1/2. She still wets the bed.

My 5 year old son was potty trained at 2. But then regressed and only now is fully day trained. Unfortunately his hard spot was pooping not peeing.
Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 1:34 PM
I have a boy who is the same way. He's almost 4 and still not fully trained.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)