Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Reading and Math online software?

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 6:49 PM
  • 2 Replies

Hi, okay I hope this is okay to post- since I'm not techincally a "homeschooler" parent anymore. But homeschool parents are the only ones that know of these ?s and know of programs in the past.

My daughter who is 3rd grade, brought home a progress report with Reading, Writing needing improved and Math was she thought she could do more. Writing I'm just gonna try and get her to write more to me in a journal or something.I can prolly find something.

BUT is there a reading like reading eggs that actually HELPS them (she reads to me every day also.) Just looking for something to help her supplement? I did a reading level test and it put her at 2nd grade, and I actually think that might be acurate. So what is out there that might help?! Also, is there anything for math that might help with multiplication, divison stuff?

I hope this isnt a lost cause. :/

by on May. 2, 2014 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
kmath
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 10:07 PM

You can try MobyMax, it is free and pretty good.  It has reading and math.  There is also Scootpad.

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 10:46 PM
Reading Kingdom is about $20/month. My son has made a lot of progress with that program. They probably still have the month free trial going on.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN