Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

the walk from H E double hockey sticks...

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 7:31 PM
  • 4 Replies
Ok...

Its very pretty out. Tell my kids... ok lets get outside and do something.

Six yr old ends up asking for a walk and I say,"awesome!"

12 yr old daughter tells 6 yr old that she is annoying and repeats over and over that she hates her (because she was angry about going for a walk)

6 yr old falls to pieces because of how much it hurt her feelings.

I deal with it and decide that since 12 yr old wants to be horrid and hurtful to sis, I would discipline that.... which leads to 12 yr old fit of, "I want to commit suicide."

I pick up phone and ask if she is serious. She says no. I tell her suicide is serious and not a threat to be made because we don't like moms punnishment. Tell her that if she truly feels that way, we want to help her but if she is just using it to be hurtful, I would call the ambulance next time to take her in fir eval because we take those words seriously.

So.... we go for walk and between one of the kids' bike chain popping off repeatedly, the toddler screaming about his shoes and wanting to walk his own direction. The 9 yr old ignoring helping his sis when she falls midstreet and I'm almost a block away with a tantruming toddler.

we head home and I'm scolding my son for not stopping to help his sis. He throws a temper fit too (he never throws fits, so this surprises me)

...manage to wrangle them all home and everyone is complaining and yelling at me.

Good grief.

Dad is now home and he is unhappy with all the kids so they are getting lectured from him about the disrespect and negativity.

Dh just made me feel better. When he was talking with the kids he explained that their constant negativity and dragging their feet adds heavy weights on me (mom). He told them about how it makes it hard for me to give them the energy they need from me if they are always adding stress to me.

by on May. 2, 2014 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2014 at 8:20 PM

Well, that sounds like a bummer.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Blech I hate outings like that.  I hope things look up for you ALL!

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks.

It got better for most of us. My six yr old is now the one in trouble. She has always obeyed the whole, you may not play in the street if mom is not out there.

Today, she decided to test me on that and found out mom has a pretty firm boundary on that one.
Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 10:50 PM
I like what your dh said. I think I will use that myself.

It's so disappointing when you plan something fun and it ends up all messed up.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN