Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

are you all done buying/all prepared for next year?

Posted by on May. 3, 2014 at 4:23 PM
  • 41 Replies
We thought we were and then decided that since Kaycee is in 7th next year she needed a science higher than the elementary series we have been doing.

We decided to add apologia's general science for her. After that, I think I will be prepped.

Only issue is we are waiting to see if we are buying a home or not *preapproval process and house hunting*

We may just keep going with what we have and stop and start a new year after we are settled.

Otherwise, we really needed to have schooled through the summer.
by on May. 3, 2014 at 4:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Codysmom2106
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 5:19 PM

We are done for a while. I just bought all new second grade stuff to get him caught up. Whenever it is that he finishes this stuff or is getting close then I will order his third grade stuff. 

Good luck with the house hunting!

No_Difference
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2014 at 5:29 PM

I am keeping my fingers crossed we are done lol. I may throughout the summer pick up some extra curricular things, like maybe a foreign language curriculum or something, but we have all the main subjects. ...now I just have to put them away....  

Good luck with house hunting. We're kinda doing that too. We know we want more land, but we keep going back and forth if we want a house on some land, or just the acerage and save to build a house, but utilize the land how we want without Homeowners Association rules that are currently restricting us.  

hwblyf
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I am done.  In the sense that I *shouldn't* have any more to buy.  But there's still my HUGE list on Amazon.  Oh, and I want stopwatches for PE and scouts.  And supplies, gotta have supplies.  And I might switch up Latin (or just add to it).  And shouldn't I be doing something more?  Money money money (use the old guy's voice from The Incredibles).....

Precious333
by Julia on May. 3, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Nope!
bcogoli
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 7:51 PM

I am all done!!!! Thank God! We are actually looking for a house as well so I am glad I dont have to worry about curriculum.

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on May. 3, 2014 at 7:52 PM
No we're not done.
LostTheSlipper
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Noooooooooooo....

kmath
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2014 at 8:38 PM

I still need to buy his science and decide if I am getting the Spanish program or not.  Other than that I think we are good.  At least until I see something else I just have to have!

drinkme8184
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Next year will be our first year.I'm in school myself and finals are this week so that is what I am focusing on. After that, I am doing all my planning and scheduling. Any advice?
collinsmommy0
by Member on May. 3, 2014 at 11:52 PM
No.....my son is 3 & will be doing preschool next year. Other than toys, sensory activities, & some art materials, I have no idea what I'll be buying (& likely will continue to buy random project stuff all year long)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)