Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

are you all done buying/all prepared for next year?

Posted by   + Show Post
We thought we were and then decided that since Kaycee is in 7th next year she needed a science higher than the elementary series we have been doing.

We decided to add apologia's general science for her. After that, I think I will be prepped.

Only issue is we are waiting to see if we are buying a home or not *preapproval process and house hunting*

We may just keep going with what we have and stop and start a new year after we are settled.

Otherwise, we really needed to have schooled through the summer.
by on May. 3, 2014 at 4:23 PM
Replies (21-30):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:38 PM

Nope.  Not even close.

My hubby's business failed this year.  So he is going to work on the marcellus shale gas wells starting next week.  We were down to a couple dollars in our bank account, so it's going to take a while before we get enough money gathered together to buy the things we need for next year.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:41 PM
Oh we went through that too, I'm sorry for the loss of the business. My hubby took it hard. Hope you guys pick up the pieces quickly.

Do you have specific curricula in mind?

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Nope.  Not even close.

My hubby's business failed this year.  So he is going to work on the marcellus shale gas wells starting next week.  We were down to a couple dollars in our bank account, so it's going to take a while before we get enough money gathered together to buy the things we need for next year.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:44 PM

Hubby is taking it hard too!  We had to be down to deciding whether or not we could homeschool next year before he started looking for something else.

I need the next MAth U See (Delta), 2 levels of Spelling U See (or All about spelling, I keep going back and forth), and a few novels.  Thankfully we already have our science, geography, and Story of the World purchased while they were on sale near Christmas.

Quoting KrissyKC: Oh we went through that too, I'm sorry for the loss of the business. My hubby took it hard. Hope you guys pick up the pieces quickly. Do you have specific curricula in mind?
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Nope.  Not even close.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:50 PM
If you want, I can keep my eyes peeled for mus delta in the used market. I haven't seen the spelling u see yet in the used selections because I think its still new.

If I find them in good condition, would you be comfortable giving me your address so I could mail it to you?

It would be a gift because i can get some great deals sometimes, but I want to be sure you'd be ok sharing an address with me later. No promises, but I have several good sources near me for cheap used stuff.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Hubby is taking it hard too!  We had to be down to deciding whether or not we could homeschool next year before he started looking for something else.

I need the next MAth U See (Delta), 2 levels of Spelling U See (or All about spelling, I keep going back and forth), and a few novels.  Thankfully we already have our science, geography, and Story of the World purchased while they were on sale near Christmas.

Quoting KrissyKC: Oh we went through that too, I'm sorry for the loss of the business. My hubby took it hard. Hope you guys pick up the pieces quickly.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Nope.  Not even close.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:59 PM

That is very sweet!  I think I'm going to look around in the used markets later this summer, but thank you so much for the offer.  Spelling U See is definitely too new to be in the used stuff!  That's part of the reason I keep looking back at All About Spelling.  

Quoting KrissyKC: If you want, I can keep my eyes peeled for mus delta in the used market. I haven't seen the spelling u see yet in the used selections because I think its still new. If I find them in good condition, would you be comfortable giving me your address so I could mail it to you? It would be a gift because i can get some great deals sometimes, but I want to be sure you'd be ok sharing an address with me later. No promises, but I have several good sources near me for cheap used stuff.
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting KrissyKC: Oh we went through that too, I'm sorry for the loss of the business. My hubby took it hard. Hope you guys pick up the pieces quickly. Do you have specific curricula in mind?
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Nope.  Not even close.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 4:09 PM
Ok, I think getting the curriculum is part of the fun of hsing. If you don't find it and get in crunch time shoot me a message and ill look here.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

That is very sweet!  I think I'm going to look around in the used markets later this summer, but thank you so much for the offer.  Spelling U See is definitely too new to be in the used stuff!  That's part of the reason I keep looking back at All About Spelling.  

Quoting KrissyKC: If you want, I can keep my eyes peeled for mus delta in the used market. I haven't seen the spelling u see yet in the used selections because I think its still new.

If I find them in good condition, would you be comfortable giving me your address so I could mail it to you?

It would be a gift because i can get some great deals sometimes, but I want to be sure you'd be ok sharing an address with me later. No promises, but I have several good sources near me for cheap used stuff.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting KrissyKC: Oh we went through that too, I'm sorry for the loss of the business. My hubby took it hard. Hope you guys pick up the pieces quickly.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Nope.  Not even close.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Thanks!  Will do.  Heading off to decorate Zave's B-day cake!  See ya later!

Quoting KrissyKC: Ok, I think getting the curriculum is part of the fun of hsing. If you don't find it and get in crunch time shoot me a message and ill look here.
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting KrissyKC: If you want, I can keep my eyes peeled for mus delta in the used market. I haven't seen the spelling u see yet in the used selections because I think its still new. If I find them in good condition, would you be comfortable giving me your address so I could mail it to you? It would be a gift because i can get some great deals sometimes, but I want to be sure you'd be ok sharing an address with me later. No promises, but I have several good sources near me for cheap used stuff.
Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Nope.  Not even close.

lovepotato
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 12:06 AM
No, but I know what I want for each subject. I have social studies and science so far. There is a used book fair on June 14, and I need to make a list for stuff I want to buy. I hope to be done by the end of June. Well start 2nd grade in September.
energygirl
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 6:47 AM

yep, ordered math (horizon) in April when the Alpha and Omega stuff was 20% off at rainbow research... and the rest I ordered gradually off amazon and ebay.... with one last order Friday

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Hmm, let's see. I have Cole's math and Missie's math. I have Cole's language arts. Missie's history. I did have her Science but she is going to be finishing it up about 6 months ahead of time. 8(
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN