Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

are you all done buying/all prepared for next year?

Posted by   + Show Post
We thought we were and then decided that since Kaycee is in 7th next year she needed a science higher than the elementary series we have been doing.

We decided to add apologia's general science for her. After that, I think I will be prepped.

Only issue is we are waiting to see if we are buying a home or not *preapproval process and house hunting*

We may just keep going with what we have and stop and start a new year after we are settled.

Otherwise, we really needed to have schooled through the summer.
by on May. 3, 2014 at 4:23 PM
Replies (31-40):
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2014 at 9:02 AM
I need to finish up both of them. Plus, it's time to start Kinder with Theo so I need to plan that out. I won't be buying a curriculum for him but with the other two kids keeping me busy, I can't do it by the seat of my pants, either.
julesjerry
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 1:54 PM

nope, i still need to do.

TidewaterClan
by on May. 5, 2014 at 1:57 PM

Wow!  What science were you using?

Quoting mem82: Hmm, let's see. I have Cole's math and Missie's math. I have Cole's language arts. Missie's history. I did have her Science but she is going to be finishing it up about 6 months ahead of time. 8(

TidewaterClan
by on May. 5, 2014 at 2:01 PM

So very sorry to hear this!

Pearson's Spelling Workout homeschool bundle is on sale this month for $11.99 and includes the student & teacher's editions.  We should receive ours in a few days.  I could take pics of the inside so you could see if you like it.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Nope.  Not even close.

My hubby's business failed this year.  So he is going to work on the marcellus shale gas wells starting next week.  We were down to a couple dollars in our bank account, so it's going to take a while before we get enough money gathered together to buy the things we need for next year.

JKronrod
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:13 PM

YGTBK.  I'm still trying to get through THIS year, LOL.

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2014 at 2:48 PM
Quoting TidewaterClan:

Quoting mem82: Hmm, let's see. I have Cole's math and Missie's math. I have Cole's language arts. Missie's history. I did have her Science but she is going to be finishing it up about 6 months ahead of time. 8(

We're using Glencoe. She just excells at that type of work.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 3:00 PM
We have always done science together. Just library topics and such until we picked up apologia and stuck with the elementary science.

This will be kaycee's first year having extra "classes" that her younger brother doesn't. We are probably sticking with apologia. I've nevet looked at glencoe, is it fun?

Quoting mem82:
Quoting TidewaterClan:

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 5, 2014 at 3:03 PM

It's not too bad. The textbook has online labs and stuff. It's 8th grade Science, though, so I'm not sure how 'fun' it is. LOL It isn't horribly dry, though.

Quoting KrissyKC: We have always done science together. Just library topics and such until we picked up apologia and stuck with the elementary science. This will be kaycee's first year having extra "classes" that her younger brother doesn't. We are probably sticking with apologia. I've nevet looked at glencoe, is it fun?
Quoting mem82:
Quoting TidewaterClan:

Knightquester
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2014 at 5:02 PM

I'm making myself wait until after mid-June.  I know a charter school that is holding a huge curriculum sale for it's families, and it's supposed to be a great sale with awesome deals.  One of the ladies that helps run it basically said you could get pretty much any item for a 10th of it's original cost.  I'm hoping to get lucky and find some deals that may help me this next year.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2014 at 9:29 PM
That is a goldmine.

I found some neat literature books from prentiss hall at a curriculum resale.

I found a teachers manual and TWO student texts for $1.00 each. Then I ordered some workbooks that go with it off amazon for a few bucks plus shipping. This was before we had amazon prime (free shipping) so we paid about sixteen dollars for it all total for both of them.

It has been a fun addition this year and we aren't feeling pressured to complete it because it was so cheap!

Quoting Knightquester:

I'm making myself wait until after mid-June.  I know a charter school that is holding a huge curriculum sale for it's families, and it's supposed to be a great sale with awesome deals.  One of the ladies that helps run it basically said you could get pretty much any item for a 10th of it's original cost.  I'm hoping to get lucky and find some deals that may help me this next year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)