Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

how hair dye relates to homeschooling. ***pics added in replies***

Posted by on May. 3, 2014 at 4:30 PM
  • 12 Replies
Ill post a pic later, but I let kaycee (12) drastically change/dye her hair for the first time.

I barely got her thick, shoulder length hair covered with two boxes.

Sure hope it comes out right.

Anyway, it relates to hsing because it is for a play she is in tomorrow.

She is thorin oakenshield (the hobbit) and her blonde hair looked really funny with her brown beard.

So... she picked out a dark brown color.

Oops... I wonder if I should have colored her very blonde eyebrows..

She has a choir concert next week... ill be paying a professional to fix my mistakes if it comes out bad....

(She is rinsing now)
by on May. 3, 2014 at 4:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TidewaterClan
by on May. 3, 2014 at 4:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Awesome! Thorin rocks! Can't wait to see pics.

An eyebrow pencil could safely darken her brows.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on May. 3, 2014 at 4:58 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree with Tide, use an eyebrow pencil.  Or if you have some left over you could do a quick dye of the eyebrows.  They do not take as long as the rest of the hair!

Looking forward to pics!

tuffymama
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Fun! Don't forget to post the pics! I have blonde eyebrows and I like eyebrow powder better than pencil.
I remember the first time I intentionally colored my hair. My mom moaned about my "mousey brown" hair for a year or so, and when I was eleven, she forced me to perm my stick-straight hair for her stupid wedding. That made me look RIDICULOUS, and it turned my dark ash blonde hair a greenish tint. I was so mortified and humiliated. I slept over at a friend's house one weekend about a month into the perm, and her very kind grandmother gave me a slightly lighter color job that brightened everything up. I could not grow that perm out fast enough, though. Wow. Never again. Anyway, I have done every shade under the sun since then, except green. LOL. The first time I went platinum was for a stage production in high school, actually. It was kind of fun to look completely different for a while.
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

This is before... best close up I have on my phone.
KrissyKC
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:38 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

This is after and blow dried straighter. She has killer thick hair. I barely got it covered with two bottles.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:40 PM

She looks awesome!  You guys did a great job and FWIW, I think her eyebrows look great with her new hair!

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Thank you. I will have to post a pic in her get up too. Its a very very amateur play. But I think they will enjoy it.

She has a duck dynasty beard and an old boy scout commander shirt that she wears. LOL.

As a side note, the girl that plays gollum sounds and acts just like the movie character.

Quoting bluerooffarm:

She looks awesome!  You guys did a great job and FWIW, I think her eyebrows look great with her new hair!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2014 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

That sounds like a great production!  I'll bet she's having so much fun!  We'd love to see pics!

Quoting KrissyKC: Thank you. I will have to post a pic in her get up too. Its a very very amateur play. But I think they will enjoy it. She has a duck dynasty beard and an old boy scout commander shirt that she wears. LOL. As a side note, the girl that plays gollum sounds and acts just like the movie character.
Quoting bluerooffarm:

TidewaterClan
by on May. 4, 2014 at 7:00 PM

She looks fantastic!  It came out really pretty.  Can't wait to hear about the big production. :)

hwblyf
by Silver Member on May. 4, 2014 at 7:26 PM

She looks awesome.  Great job!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN