Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Have you moved outdoors yet?

With nicer temperatures across the country, have you taken the classroom outdoors  yet?

Where is your childs favorite outdoor place to learn?

by on May. 6, 2014 at 2:36 PM
Replies (11-19):
No_Difference
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2014 at 6:41 AM

Since we're basically just doing 4H for school now, we've been outside a lot :) I don't think we could ever actually do school work outside though...my kids would be waaaay too distracted "Oooh what's this bug?!" "Hey Mom! I found a clover with 2 leaves...and this one has 5!..." "Mom! Mom! Mom! This rock is super shiny and white! Can I keep it?!" "Here Mommy...here is your (50 billionth) flower (dandelion) and you have to keep it forever!" lol School work would hardly be done...but at least with a few of the 4H books, this is accomplishing the task lol

jen2150
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2014 at 8:11 AM
The outdoor classroom is our favorite. My kids vote for the creek as their number one activity outdoors. They took a watershed class yesterday and found a giant clayfish. They were so excited.
elizabooks
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Nope. Lessons are indorrs due to DD getting way too distracted by everything.

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2014 at 11:38 AM
It is too muggy and buggy to do lessons outside. Besides, Reilly hit terrible 22 months and must be watched like a hawk when we are outside.

Sitting there, sweat pouring down...bugs all over...having to play fetch the baby... fighting with disruptions...lugging all my teaching stuff outside *normally at my fingertips* dealing with constant complaints about heat and sun... no decent shade until 5 exept for the one place we tie the dog only to have to smell his doggie doo....

No... we go on walks, bike rides, and to the park with a book on occasion...

Oh, and I forgot the 4 yr old neighbor kid that won't leave us alone.
Mommy2Phenley
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2014 at 11:54 AM
Yes we do school outside any day we can! We can't go far though because it's during little one's nap. So we just go to the grassy area outside her window. We do math with sidewalk chalk! The sidewalk outside our apartment looks like a math workbook!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coala
by Silver Member on May. 7, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Are you kidding?  We have to move back indoors as the temps are reaching 90 and above now.  We can only be outdoors for a few months a year....it is either to hot or to cold.

Britty1987
by Member on May. 9, 2014 at 12:45 PM

We finished school on May 2nd and didn't have any outside learning time.  I'm in Iowa and  it hasn't been nice enough to... but now we have plenty of outside play time =]

redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2014 at 1:40 PM

We have been working outside as much as we can. We love sitting on our front porch for lessons.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 2:11 PM

No? I don't intend to for any significant amount of time. We work better indoors - at the table or on the couch.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)