Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Help Understanding the Law...

Posted by on May. 6, 2014 at 7:15 PM
  • 3 Replies

It's been a very long day full of homeschooling research so my brain is pretty fried. I could use your help understanding this piece of the New York state home schooling regulations...

The IHIP should include....

"a statement that the child will be meeting the compulsory educational requirements of Education Law, section 3205 through full-time study at a degree-granting institution, meaning enrollment for at least 12 semester hours in a semester or its equivalent, if that is the case. In this situation, the IHIP shall identify the degree-granting institution and the subjects to be covered by that study."

What exactly does this mean in laymans terms? I guess I'm just stuck on the "degree-granting institution" part and I would love clarification on what exactly that is referring to...

Thank you in advance!

by on May. 6, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
JadeTigr7
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I would imagine an accredited school of some sort....but I'm not too familiar with New York's laws.

NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2014 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

This part only applies to full-time college attendance by a child who is still compulsory attendance age (which is rare).

BellaRose17
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 10:15 AM

Thank you! ^_^

Quoting NYCitymomx3:

This part only applies to full-time college attendance by a child who is still compulsory attendance age (which is rare).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN