Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Totally off topic: Wish us luck! *Updated with results!*

Posted by on May. 8, 2014 at 10:50 AM
  • 24 Replies

This weekend has snuck up on us big time! 
Tomorrow is Jamie's first performance - opening night for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. She is starting to get nervous, which means she is becoming over dramatic about everything. Maybe she can channel that on stage??
Saturday is the big day for us both. I'm running the half marathon in the early morning. We somehow have to teleport Jamie to swim registration, and then she has her second performance that afternoon.  I am freaking out a bit - I injured my foot a few weeks ago, but still planning on running (I paid...I'm going...), and I won't have anyone there for me since Hubs is going to have to get Jamie to registration :( By the time he gets back, I should theoretically be finished, and it will be in just enough time to quick rush to the theater... I won't even get to find out what place I got until they post results online since I have to leave right away. I'm also hearing horror stories of mile marker 12... Ahh! Maybe I'm making myself more nervous than I need to be.   It doesn't help that I keep  seeing stuff like this posted tho!

*With Opening Night for the play Jamie is in, I was given permission to put up pictures from rehearsals after the show tonight, and I'll let you all know how it goes...I won't be watching it tonight unfortunatly, but helping with costumes in the back, but hopefully I'll hear how it goes?!  
Thank you all again :

** First for the play - so far they're doing pretty good. Its mostly just been family and close friends coming to see, but thats better than nothing right? Jamie has had fun with it all, but isn't sure if she wants to do it again. 

For me - I didn't die! LOL I wrapped my foot so the pull didn't hurt at all - YAY - BUT I ended up pulling something on the outside of the same foot. Boo. I made it halfway through before I couldn't run up the hills. I had to walk up them backwards. Mile marker 12 was rediculous. I am convince some sick sadistic person who loves to torture people thought it would be a great idea to end a race that way... oy! If the outside of my foot didn't act up, I would've been right on track, but since I had to throw a bit of walking in there ( :( ) I ended up being a minute off my goal pace time, and 15 minutes off my goal time. Not too bad I guess... Now the sucky part - they mixed up my time with another guy from the same area, 2 years older than me, with the same last name. So on the "records" I was 10 minutes slower than the time I got. However, my hubby got a picture of me at the finish line, with my finishing time, and I was tracking my run with MapMyRun. So my official time was 2:15:48 (I'm using the other guy as my official time from off their site anyway...) and I guess I technically placed 127 out of 274.  I am debating if I'm going to be a pain and email them telling them I screwed up, or just accept they mismarked, use what I got off of MapMyRun and pictures. Eitherway...I'm off to schedule a doc appt now since I can't put any pressure on my foot :/ (at least the previous injury doesn't hurt anymore...)  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

by on May. 8, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Precious333
by Julia on May. 8, 2014 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow! Praying foryou this weekend :)
hwblyf
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2014 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!!!

mamamedic69
by Deanna on May. 8, 2014 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck!!
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on May. 8, 2014 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!  Sounds like a fun way to spend Mother's day weekend!

BellaRose17
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this

good luck 

No_Difference
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Thank you!!! :) 

Memere60
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

How badly did you injure your foot? I understand that you want to run in that race, but it might have lasting damaging results for you. My 31 yr old daughter is a runner, also. I was never a runner, but over the years I had to have 4 surgeries on my feet (Morton's neuromas). I have also had a stress fracture from power walking. I fell and ruined my foot. Then I developed arthritis, then neuropathy, and I have hardly any fat on the bottom of my feet. Now I can barely walk. PLEASE make sure you take care of yourself! If you are having pain, do you really want to risk having this be the last time you get to run a race? Not to mention the money you will have to spend on medical bills. Good luck however this works out for you! P. S. I love Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!good

KrissyKC
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2014 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this
How exciting!!!! Awesome for your family. Don't go alone, take us with you. Feel us pulling for you and covering your foot in prayer.

May God above reward you and uplift you physically for this fun challenge. (Also your daughter.)

TidewaterClan
by on May. 8, 2014 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

We'll be there at the finish line in spirit!  Not wanting to sound one bit bossy, but if you need to walk sections of it (especially with your foot injured) it's ok!

I know you can teach mm 12 who the boss is.  :)

Charlie & the Chocolate Factory sounds wonderful too.  

Please let us know how everything goes.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2014 at 7:32 AM

Thank you :) 
I'm honestly not sure how badly its damaged, but I am pretty sure on the bottom/inside part of my foot I pulled a ligament. It hurts at the bone, only in one spot. Its not swollen and there is very mild bruising. I wrapped it yesterday when I went for a run and it didn't bother me too much, but I think I wrapped it the wrong way - instead of sucking up the ligament into the bone it attaches to, I was pulling it down towards the bottom of the foot. I wrapped it the correct way for the rest of the day, and it hasn't bothered me at all since... I'm hoping wrapping it the right way will get me through the race. It doesn't hurt when I walk on it, just when I stretch my foot a certain way, so I just need to remember to take it easy on the hills and not gazzelle leap up them like my hubby says I do LOL.  (part of me wants to get a video of that just to see what he means, the other part of me doesn't want to know! lol) 

Quoting Memere60:

How badly did you injure your foot? I understand that you want to run in that race, but it might have lasting damaging results for you. My 31 yr old daughter is a runner, also. I was never a runner, but over the years I had to have 4 surgeries on my feet (Morton's neuromas). I have also had a stress fracture from power walking. I fell and ruined my foot. Then I developed arthritis, then neuropathy, and I have hardly any fat on the bottom of my feet. Now I can barely walk. PLEASE make sure you take care of yourself! If you are having pain, do you really want to risk having this be the last time you get to run a race? Not to mention the money you will have to spend on medical bills. Good luck however this works out for you! P. S. I love Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!good

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)