Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

ok, i think i am completelt eclectic lol

Posted by on May. 8, 2014 at 11:14 AM
  • 13 Replies
So, i want my kids to love learning, and right now my oldest especially hates math. I think it's the workbooks. He loved math.before the workbooks. I was thinkong of using like experiences, games etc. And maybe use a workbook page now and then. So, her is my plan. I will look into life of fred, use singapore math some days, games some days and math us see blocks. My son is not liking the math u see book rght now, he wanted to go back to singapore. I dont know of this is the right choice, but I am thinking of trying it out next month maybe. Any opinions?
by on May. 8, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen2150
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2014 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
We use math u see, life of fred, math journals, and math projects. There are a lot math art projects you can do as well. I love changing it up so often. K'nex even has a math set that we love.
Precious333
by Julia on May. 9, 2014 at 12:35 AM
Awesome!

Quoting jen2150: We use math u see, life of fred, math journals, and math projects. There are a lot math art projects you can do as well. I love changing it up so often. K'nex even has a math set that we love.
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Your oldest is 11 or 12? I guess I'm not fond of only using life experiences for math at this age. Algebra will be creeping up before you know it.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Precious333
by Julia on May. 10, 2014 at 5:45 PM
7 :)

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Your oldest is 11 or 12? I guess I'm not fond of only using life experiences for math at this age. Algebra will be creeping up before you know it.

ladyvamp5489
by on May. 10, 2014 at 5:54 PM

Try Kahn Academy online. Makes it fun.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Whoops! Thinking of someone else, lol!

Have you looked at Miquon?

Quoting Precious333: 7 :)
Quoting AutymsMommy:

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

kmath
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2014 at 6:04 PM
1 mom liked this

It sounds like a good plan.  D uses MobyMax and Khan Academy right now.  We tried Math Mammoth but he didn't like it.  We are going to use Beast Academy for next year.  We also do board games for math skills.  We like using a mix to keep it interesting.

Precious333
by Julia on May. 10, 2014 at 6:15 PM
Never heard of it

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

BabyPink07
by New Member on May. 10, 2014 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Dh teaches our dd math using an abacus. I forget the program name, but she is already jumping to multiplecation! The abacus is fun for her. Good luck! Right now I'm having a hard time getting mine to write! She hates it!
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2014 at 6:25 PM
It's fantastic. Conceptual, fun, and uses c rods.

Quoting Precious333: Never heard of it

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)