Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

ok, i think i am completelt eclectic lol

Posted by   + Show Post
So, i want my kids to love learning, and right now my oldest especially hates math. I think it's the workbooks. He loved math.before the workbooks. I was thinkong of using like experiences, games etc. And maybe use a workbook page now and then. So, her is my plan. I will look into life of fred, use singapore math some days, games some days and math us see blocks. My son is not liking the math u see book rght now, he wanted to go back to singapore. I dont know of this is the right choice, but I am thinking of trying it out next month maybe. Any opinions?
by on May. 8, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Replies (11-13):
Precious333
by Julia on May. 10, 2014 at 6:45 PM
Thanks! I will look into that.

Quoting AutymsMommy: It's fantastic. Conceptual, fun, and uses c rods.

Quoting Precious333: Never heard of it

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Whoops! Thinking of someone else, lol!

Have you looked at Miquon?

Quoting Precious333: 7 :)

Quoting AutymsMommy:

Your oldest is 11 or 12? I guess I'm not fond of only using life experiences for math at this age. Algebra will be creeping up before you know it.

mommyofjc.kd
by New Member on May. 11, 2014 at 10:47 AM

Have you tried teaching textbooks? We don't use it but my kids are doing fine with Math U see.  I heart it's really good for those that don't like math.  I tried Singapore and we hated it.  Math was a struggle until we switched. 

Precious333
by Julia on May. 11, 2014 at 11:23 AM
I have thoight about it. My sister loved it.

Quoting mommyofjc.kd:

Have you tried teaching textbooks? We don't use it but my kids are doing fine with Math U see.  I heart it's really good for those that don't like math.  I tried Singapore and we hated it.  Math was a struggle until we switched. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN