Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Hello ~ Hola ~ Bonjour...and all that jazz!

Posted by on May. 13, 2014 at 9:57 AM
  • 6 Replies

Hello everyone!

My name is Katrina and I am 32 years old. I reside in the lovely southern state of South Carolina, where I was born and raised. I am currently married to my DH Jimmy, of almost 9 years and we have been together for 11 years. Three beautiful children were bestowed upon me to include Austin ds9, Brooke dd6, and Ethan ds5.

We have homeschooled on and off since ds9 was in preschool. Our efforts have included packaged curriculum, virtual charter school, a small stint in public school (brick & mortar), and now a very ecclectic style of schooling with a little unschooling thrown in there for some spice in life.

I am a board member for "Operation Rudolph" which is a group in my community similar to Angel Tree's. We are looking to expand our efforts to a year round group and provide needy families/children with necessities all year round. I love to cook and love to eat...hence my current need to lose weight, so that I can spend the next 70 (I hope) years enjoy life. I took the opportunity of losing weight to become a Plexus Slim Ambassador, and so far so good.

My husband and I are looking to become volunteers/field workers for Family Life Ministries in their marriage ministry. I pray that the Lord leads where He would have us and we reach many lives because of it, our marriage is one that people pray they NEVER have, that is a story for another day.

We are believers in Christ and don't shy away from it. Our job is not to judge, so please don't feel that because our beliefs are different you can't approach me, I won't be judging you.

Anyways, I am looking to just connect, get advice, and provide what I can if possible.

by on May. 13, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
katyq
by Member on May. 13, 2014 at 6:48 PM

Welcome!

plexuxsslimmama
by New Member on May. 13, 2014 at 9:11 PM
Thank you!

Quoting katyq:

Welcome!

elizabooks
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 8:24 AM

Hello. What is a plexus Slim ambassador?

How did you start the "Operation Roudolph"?  I have been trying to get others in my area interested in doing a supply drive for people (everyone does can drives and school drives), but for some reason when I head it, it never works right.  Any advice will be great.

plexuxsslimmama
by New Member on May. 14, 2014 at 9:15 AM

Hello! A Plexus Slim Ambassador, is well, Plexus Slim is a weight loss supplement and I promote/sell the product.

I actually didn't start the Operation Rudolph, the two original board members that are husband and wife did. They started it some years ago, and the first year there were only a few people. I think they just had people fill out some information and spread the information to area churches and had it put in the newspaper. I will find out a little more information about how they got started and get back with you.

Quoting elizabooks:

How did you start the "Operation Roudolph"?  I have been trying to get others in my area interested in doing a supply drive for people (everyone does can drives and school drives), but for some reason when I head it, it never works right.  Any advice will be great.

elizabooks
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 9:30 AM
I went to the website and couldn't find an ingredient list.

But thank you I'd appreciate anything you find out.

Quoting plexuxsslimmama:

Hello! A Plexus Slim Ambassador, is well, Plexus Slim is a weight loss supplement and I promote/sell the product.

I actually didn't start the Operation Rudolph, the two original board members that are husband and wife did. They started it some years ago, and the first year there were only a few people. I think they just had people fill out some information and spread the information to area churches and had it put in the newspaper. I will find out a little more information about how they got started and get back with you.

Quoting elizabooks:

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 14, 2014 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! I think every year, I change my approach to school. Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)