Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

new to group, new to homeschool * nervous *

Posted by on May. 14, 2014 at 11:08 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hey guys! Thanks for letting me join in. I am strongly considering homeschooling next year my 7 year old will be starting 2nd grade. Here in NC we have common core and well...........enough said. I'd love to start in some homeschool groups that meet in homes with other kids her age, but really don't know where to start to find them. We live pretty far out in the country, so that doesn't help.

by on May. 14, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
BellaRose17
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

welcomeI'm new myself! This group is a wonderful resource! Everyone is very happy to help answer any and all questions :) Have fun here :D

hwblyf
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Welcome!

oahoah
by Member on May. 14, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Welcome to the group and to homeschooling! You might try Craig's List or Yahoo Groups, also check with your local library (these are all places we found our groups through).

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on May. 14, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Welcome!

We have several homeschool groups we are involved in. It is a huge community here. We found the first group through mentioning my desire to homeschool at church and one of the members runs a homeschool bowling league at a local alley. We joined and I met others who hooked me into the facebook and yahoo groups for activities.

I have heard several say that checking with your local library can be handy as they tend to know who comes in regularly.

Meetup.com may also have groups.
romacox
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Welcome to the group. 

Here is a list of home school groups in NC.  Perhaps one is near you. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN