Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Poisoned by Levaquin

Posted by on May. 18, 2014 at 10:22 PM
  • 10 Replies

Ladies,

I'm telling my story to anyone who is willing to listen.  I had a sinus infection at the beginning of April that Augmentin didn't cure.  I went back and was given Levaquin.  3 pills in, I started having stabbing pains in my knees, arms, wrists, constant pain in my shoulder, ringing in my ears, round ligament pain, fogginess, low blood sugar, extremely cold, extreme thirst and on and on and on.

21 days out and I still have ankle pain.

This was NOT an allergic reaction.  Contrary to what doctors say it is actually VERY common side effects. 

This drug is in the Flurorquinolone family (Cipro, Avelox) it is used in kid's eye drops and ear drops and even on pets.

I ran a half marathon in Feb and now cannot walk normally.  Some people do not get symptoms for weeks or months later so Dr's assume it cannot be from the antibiotic.

This is NOT a natural drug, it changes the DNA of bacteria and affects your mitochondira. It creates Oxidative Stress in the body.

I beg you to NEVER take these drugs. Beg!!!  If you even consider it please google Fluoroquinolone Toxicity or "Floxed" it's happening all the time. The facebook group I've found has over 130 people joining each week.

Please, take another antibiotic and not these!  These drugs do not discriminate and are seriously hurting people.  I'd rather have the sinus infection.

These past few weeks have been hell.  Trying to care for a 4 & 2 yr old when I'm barely functioning, not knowing what will happen long term.  I've also had to grieve my old life.  Will I ever walk normal again, will I ever run again? Can I continue to homeschool and care for my kids? Can I ever walk around new cities or on vacation again?

It sucks and I don't want it to happen to you or your family.

Please Please Please do not take Fluoroquinolones!

by on May. 18, 2014 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
linz04060913
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 10:24 PM

There are so many medications that have horrible side effects. Seriously. You can detox and get all that out of your body, but you need to consult with a homeopath or naturopath.

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2014 at 10:46 PM
Already on that path. doing a liver detoxe now called core restore cut all sugar , dairy and caffeine already gluten free and juicing like mad. Was in lots if supplements and will ger back on them when detox is over. This is a bad bad bad drug. Some people never recover. short half life does not matter!!!!!

Quoting linz04060913:

There are so many medications that have horrible side effects. Seriously. You can detox and get all that out of your body, but you need to consult with a homeopath or naturopath.

linz04060913
by Member on May. 18, 2014 at 11:09 PM

Make sure your supps are made with real food, not synthetic 'made in a lab' stuff. You want to be able to absorb them. Can you get a whole body thermography done? In our area, it's available and about $350. I haven't been able to afford it yet. You need to make sure you're absorbing the nutrients to be to 100% health

Quoting ablackdolphin: Already on that path. doing a liver detoxe now called core restore cut all sugar , dairy and caffeine already gluten free and juicing like mad. Was in lots if supplements and will ger back on them when detox is over. This is a bad bad bad drug. Some people never recover. short half life does not matter!!!!!
Quoting linz04060913:

brennan5882300
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 7:42 AM

Wow sorry you went through that!  Thanks for the warning.

energygirl
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 9:03 AM

so sorry to hear this happend to you!  I had an allergic reaction to biaxcin (yours wasn't allergic I know but...) and it damaged my lungs to the point I now have asthma.  I am not against antibiotics...but I tell you.... I haven't had them in 10 years because when we get sick now we just take vitamin C.  Vitamin C only stays in the body 3-5 hours...so we take it with each meal and at bedtime when sick.  The book "Doctor Yourself" shows tons of research from the last century, and studies done all over the world and seriously folks....vitamin C in higher doses does act like an antibiotic in the body .....  your body uses what it needs and expels the rest.  When sick we need a lot......  If one did overdose on it (which I never have) the side effect is diarhrea..... but if that happened you could just down your dose a bit.  2 of my 3 kids have never been on antibiotics, and my hubby and I haven't in the last 10 years. We just take vitamin C when we feel something coming on..... Seriously, read that book and look at the research, it is amazing (and it isn't selling any particular brand or company........it won't even recommend one.....).  Again I am not anti-medicine or anti-doctors...but I do think nutrition can solve a lot.  The media never covers this because there is no money in it for the pharm. companies.....  so sorry to read about your experience

energygirl
by Member on May. 19, 2014 at 9:06 AM

just to clarify.. by higher doses I mean my hubby and I take 3-4 grams (that is 3,000 to 4,000 mg) of vitamin C with each meal and at bedtime....and my kids (ages 4 to 8) take 1 gram (1,000 mg in a chewable) with each meal all the time.....and they rarely get sick at all

Quoting energygirl:

so sorry to hear this happend to you!  I had an allergic reaction to biaxcin (yours wasn't allergic I know but...) and it damaged my lungs to the point I now have asthma.  I am not against antibiotics...but I tell you.... I haven't had them in 10 years because when we get sick now we just take vitamin C.  Vitamin C only stays in the body 3-5 hours...so we take it with each meal and at bedtime when sick.  The book "Doctor Yourself" shows tons of research from the last century, and studies done all over the world and seriously folks....vitamin C in higher doses does act like an antibiotic in the body .....  your body uses what it needs and expels the rest.  When sick we need a lot......  If one did overdose on it (which I never have) the side effect is diarhrea..... but if that happened you could just down your dose a bit.  2 of my 3 kids have never been on antibiotics, and my hubby and I haven't in the last 10 years. We just take vitamin C when we feel something coming on..... Seriously, read that book and look at the research, it is amazing (and it isn't selling any particular brand or company........it won't even recommend one.....).  Again I am not anti-medicine or anti-doctors...but I do think nutrition can solve a lot.  The media never covers this because there is no money in it for the pharm. companies.....  so sorry to read about your experience

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 19, 2014 at 9:12 AM
I'm sorry. 8( Have you talked to your doctor about this?
melindabelcher
by Mel on May. 19, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Sorry your going through this.
No medication is without risks. Many ppl just blindly follow drs orders.
Thanks for the reminder on being more cautious.
ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Thanks for this!! It is crazy because I am crunchy mom so it is nuts that I let my guard down on this one!! But my mistake will save my kids. I will be eating better from here on out and doing things naturally!!

Quoting energygirl:

just to clarify.. by higher doses I mean my hubby and I take 3-4 grams (that is 3,000 to 4,000 mg) of vitamin C with each meal and at bedtime....and my kids (ages 4 to 8) take 1 gram (1,000 mg in a chewable) with each meal all the time.....and they rarely get sick at all

Quoting energygirl:

ablackdolphin
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2014 at 12:42 PM
I am getting all sorts of crazy tests done many genetic gave 15 vials last week!

Quoting linz04060913:

Make sure your supps are made with real food, not synthetic 'made in a lab' stuff. You want to be able to absorb them. Can you get a whole body thermography done? In our area, it's available and about $350. I haven't been able to afford it yet. You need to make sure you're absorbing the nutrients to be to 100% health

Quoting ablackdolphin: Already on that path. doing a liver detoxe now called core restore cut all sugar , dairy and caffeine already gluten free and juicing like mad. Was in lots if supplements and will ger back on them when detox is over. This is a bad bad bad drug. Some people never recover. short half life does not matter!!!!!

Quoting linz04060913:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN