Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Managers of Their Homes/Schools/Chores Maxwell books

Posted by on May. 20, 2014 at 11:50 AM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

Do any of you use any of the  books by Teri and Steve Maxwell? They are "Managers of Their Homes" and "Managers of Their Schools" and "Managers of Their Chores"?  They are supposed to help with planning and time management.  A friend of mine has them and really likes them (she has 4 kids and says they are great)...but I am wondering if they are worth the money? On the Titus2 website they around $25 each and on amazon managers of their homes run $20 plus shipping.  I know they are supposed to be good but are they worth that much? Anyone use them?

by on May. 20, 2014 at 11:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
kirbymom
by Sonja on May. 20, 2014 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Sorry sweety. I haven't used them before but here is a bump.
Bleacher-mom
by Member on May. 20, 2014 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I've seen them perform at a local church. I haven't tried out any of those books though.
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2014 at 9:59 AM
I've never used them.
Countess79
by Member on May. 21, 2014 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

If you have a personal friend who likes them.. I would suggest you sit down over coffee and talk with her about it

energygirl
by Member on May. 21, 2014 at 4:49 PM

I talked to her on the phone (she doesn't live nearby)... she is not a particularly organized person to begin with..so the one she has was a big help to her.. plus she has an older child and then some younger ones...so it helped with scheduling etc...... I am kind of a "nerd" when it comes to being organized lol......so I wasn't sure if it would really  have some good tips and eye opening ideas ...or if those books are more of just a guide to help those that are overwhelmed.  I don't want to sound like I have it all together or anything....(cause I don't....but I do have a system that is working for now)  my kids are close in age which makes somethings easier I think.   I wondered if anyone used those books, what they thought...and if they would be useful for me as my kids get older (into later elem and junior high)

Quoting Countess79:

If you have a personal friend who likes them.. I would suggest you sit down over coffee and talk with her about it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN