Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

testing results are in!!

Posted by on May. 23, 2014 at 6:36 AM
  • 7 Replies
4 moms liked this
We are in Arkansas and the main requirement for grades 3-9 is to do the standardized testing at the end of the year. This was our 1st yr hs' ing and we took our test in April. ... results are back. .. it was the iowa standardized test btw

My daughter who would had been in 4th grade in ps tested almost 7th grade in reading and almost 6th grade iin math. .. she was above national average in everything but one part and she was only 4 points below national average in it... onr part she was 30 points above national average and another she was 23 points above national average. .. she tested a lot higher than i expected.

My son on the other hand tested right where i expected him to test. .. in ps he would had been in 7th grade with an iep and full time resource class. .. he tested almost 4th grade in reading and almost 3rd grade in math.... reading was a little higher than i thought it would be but thays awesome and math was a little lower than i expected but I assume its because his math testing was all 7th grade stuff and I have been teaching him on 4th grade level to try and catch him up some and get some mastery in him...

So im proud to say I DID NOT FAIL them with our first yr of hs' ing lol...
by on May. 23, 2014 at 6:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
TidewaterClan
by on May. 23, 2014 at 7:41 AM
Great job mamma!
hwblyf
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2014 at 8:16 AM

YEAH!!!!!  That's so exciting to have that over and done with and have passed it all!!!!!

bldjrs123
by Member on May. 23, 2014 at 8:57 AM
Thx ladies I was so relieved. .. especially once I figured out how to read the results lol
melindabelcher
by Mel on May. 23, 2014 at 9:54 AM

Glad the scores have helped you feel confident in your homeschooling! :)

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2014 at 9:57 AM
Good job
Memere60
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Congratulations!!!

BellaRose17
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 6:22 PM

What a wonderful feeling that must be!! :) Congratulations on you and your family success in this new lifestyle! I can't wait for our first homeschooling year to begin! =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)