Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Wish I had...

Posted by on May. 23, 2014 at 7:21 AM
  • 9 Replies

a fellow homeschooling mom to be close with around me. I'd love to have another family that I can be good friends with the mom and we all can get together for activities and such. I don't know anyone personally that homeschools. Guess I need to find a local group!

by on May. 23, 2014 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
TidewaterClan
by on May. 23, 2014 at 8:08 AM
I found some on yahoo groups and a few on Facebook. There's a new Facebook group for field trips. We just make an event then invite folks. It's picking up steam.

I hope you find some homeschoolers! If you happen to be near Dayton Ohio let me know. :)
romacox
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2014 at 7:20 PM

What State are you in?

RADmomma
by Member on May. 23, 2014 at 7:29 PM
I feel the same way.
Roisin07
by Member on May. 23, 2014 at 7:50 PM

PA

Quoting romacox:

What State are you in?

katyq
by Member on May. 23, 2014 at 8:36 PM

What state? I'd really like secular hs friends. There seem to be so few opportunities for the secular.

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2014 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I can not find other homeschooling families or moms.  I'm just to odd or my kids are not the right ages.  I don't drive, the family still functions, but people look down on me.  We don't go to church, people look down on us.  It's not worth the frustration, but I do feel bad for my children, but we make it work.

Chasing3
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2014 at 1:13 AM

me too! I have connected with a local group and gone out of my way to attend things when i can (fitting field trips and events in was harder than I thought it'd be), but wish I had more opportunities to hang out with a few moms and also finding similar aged kids is tough.

romacox
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2014 at 10:02 AM

Roisin07, PA home school associations will often help you connect with others near you.  I found two Associations in your State.

PHEN. org

CHAP has a page that allows you to enter County to find a support group near you

Roisin07
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 9:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks for the info:)

Quoting romacox:

Roisin07, PA home school associations will often help you connect with others near you.  I found two Associations in your State.

PHEN. org

CHAP has a page that allows you to enter County to find a support group near you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)