Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone use ??

Posted by on May. 24, 2014 at 1:37 AM
  • 12 Replies

I have been looking into A Thomas Jefferson education. Does anyone use it ??

by on May. 24, 2014 at 1:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katyq
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 5:25 AM

Do you mean the style and method, Similar to a classical education or have you found a curriculum? 

bugayfamilyof4
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 11:22 AM

The method or read the book. I have begun to read the the books and implement them in our schooling. My children are really enjoying it.

Precious333
by Julia on May. 24, 2014 at 11:29 AM
My friend does, and I was kind of curious what it said, havent checked it out yet.
katyq
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 2:22 PM

I definitely like it. I  have to keep reminding myself that a great many "great" people were not educated in our modern traditional way. I really like a lot of what the Thomas Jefferson/classical/Charlotte Mason methods have to offer and so I think that we will be a fusion of them as well as of my own ideas. How is it working for you?

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2014 at 9:28 PM

I've heard many a horror story about it, actually. Just head over to the well trained mind forums and put it into the search bar.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2014 at 9:30 PM

TJED isn't really comparable to classical or charlotte mason; it's basically another child led approach, leaning towards unschooling.

Quoting katyq:

I definitely like it. I  have to keep reminding myself that a great many "great" people were not educated in our modern traditional way. I really like a lot of what the Thomas Jefferson/classical/Charlotte Mason methods have to offer and so I think that we will be a fusion of them as well as of my own ideas. How is it working for you?

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

bugayfamilyof4
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 9:32 PM

I will check it out.

katyq
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 10:42 PM

Yes, I know.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

TJED isn't really comparable to classical or charlotte mason; it's basically another child led approach, leaning towards unschooling.

Quoting katyq:

bugayfamilyof4
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this

We have added some of the classic book form their list to our reading. I really love the inspire not require of it. 

katyq
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 12:13 AM

Me too! Really bad stuff. I do however appreciate the ideas behind the early childhood approach and the use of real literature. Beyond that, it's not my cup of tea. 

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I've heard many a horror story about it, actually. Just head over to the well trained mind forums and put it into the search bar.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)