Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

mission statement/goals....

Posted by on May. 24, 2014 at 1:58 PM
  • 13 Replies
Do you have a homeschooling mission statement and goals for your overall homeschooling and even just short term for next year?

I am in the process of doing this for next year. I know one of them is taken from our classical conversations "to know God and make Him known". But i also want other goals for our home, as well as short term goals. So, I need to do sme brainstorming, and then figure out how to impliment these goals.
Thanks ladies! :)
by on May. 24, 2014 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Reina13
by Reina on May. 24, 2014 at 5:54 PM

This sounds like a great idea. I will be following this post to see what other moms say and do.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2014 at 6:08 PM

I don't have mine yet, but this is something I'm working on.  I know that I want to guide my children to being capable adults who think and learn in an ongoing way.  One of the things I'm looking at is the difference between mission statement and vision statement.  I have a small business owner across the street who is willing to help me out.  :)

Precious333
by Julia on May. 24, 2014 at 9:13 PM
Oh yes, i think I need a clear vision, and yoy described one of my goals, or I guess vision.

Quoting hwblyf:

I don't have mine yet, but this is something I'm working on.  I know that I want to guide my children to being capable adults who think and learn in an ongoing way.  One of the things I'm looking at is the difference between mission statement and vision statement.  I have a small business owner across the street who is willing to help me out.  :)

katyq
by Member on May. 24, 2014 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this

For preschool "Take his hand and follow"

mommaof697
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

My goals were to instill a love for learning and to grow children who love God and cheerfully do His work.  

I want the girls to be able to do some "boy" work and I want my boys able to do some "girl" work.

I do not have my official ones infront of me though. 

DEB, wife to wonderful husband and mom to 6 blessings

drinkme8184
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 10:03 AM

bump for later

Precious333
by Julia on May. 25, 2014 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this
So true!!!

Quoting katyq:

For preschool "Take his hand and follow"

Precious333
by Julia on May. 25, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Just curious, what do you define as girl and boy work?

Quoting mommaof697:

My goals were to instill a love for learning and to grow children who love God and cheerfully do His work.  

I want the girls to be able to do some "boy" work and I want my boys able to do some "girl" work.

jen2150
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2014 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this
I have two long term goals for my kids. They are to never lose their thirst for learning and books. We do many other more short term goals. Beginning of the year my kids make their own goals for the year. We choose 7 goals that follow different areas of their life. We make personal,relationship,educational,and fitness goals. Goals are adjustable as different needs arise. I am thinking of doing a poster for our goals. Goals need to be internally motivated. When my kids were young I led more in the goalvimplementing and making.
mommaof697
by Member on May. 25, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Girl work would be the traditional house work type stuff. Boy work yard work and car maintenance.

In my house everyone just does whatever job they are given they never say I can't that is boy work. I was using those terms in my explanation

Quoting Precious333: Just curious, what do you define as girl and boy work?
Quoting mommaof697:

DEB, wife to wonderful husband and mom to 6 blessings

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)