Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Saw penny and took it from the road

Posted by on May. 26, 2014 at 8:44 PM
  • 6 Replies

Is it ok to take penny if u saw from public area? I always think if i saw penny from road / public space it is sign for luck.

If wrong : how do i teach my d for not to take it?

by on May. 26, 2014 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hwblyf
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2014 at 9:12 PM

If it's dropped in a public area and it's small change, I keep it.  It's trash otherwise.  Now, I know others who take dollars.  If it's on the side of the road, totally.  At a store?  I usually take it to the front.

GodsAmiga
by Member on May. 27, 2014 at 3:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I think a penny is fine to pick up ("See a penny pick it up. All day long you'll have good luck!" ;-) ). No one I know would look for a missing penny so it would sit there forever otherwise. Bills, though, get turned in. If no one around has dropped it then it gets turned into the nearest store. If it was ever a LOT of money I would turn it into the police.

julesjerry
by on May. 27, 2014 at 12:09 PM

thanks to u both

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2014 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

I think any money in a single form (1 bill or 1 coin) is fair game as long as you didn't see anyone drop it and it's out in the open not in a wallet. If you saw the person who drop it, it's only fair to give it back.

oahoah
by Member on May. 27, 2014 at 4:14 PM

My boys are always picking up loose change in the parking lots, lucky or not! If anyone is nearby to where something has been dropped I have taught them to ask if the person might have dropped it first and if not they can keep it. 

TheScaryOne
by New Member on May. 27, 2014 at 6:41 PM

A found coin or bill or two, fine.  I found a $20 once at a fruit stand and no one else was around.  (I was 13 or so.)  I asked my mom and she said keep it.  And my mother is a very kind, helpful woman.  The other day my hubby saw a few bills on the ground and the owner was a few steps in front.  The money went back to the guy.  Wouldn't bother with tiny coins though unless you see it drop from the person's pocket.  If you really don't want to keep them and can't find an owner, just drop them in the nearest donation bucket.  There's always something around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN