Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How do u juggle WAHM & HS?

Posted by on May. 27, 2014 at 4:01 PM
  • 12 Replies

Today I had 7hrs of tutoring lined up. I won't lie, it was mad. I have a housekeeper who sits with the kids while they play outside/inside, while I work/teach, but I only saw the kids during the day for 2hrs, and it was madness. How do you ladies work from home, and homeschool? How do you use  your time wisely when you sit down to work? I battle to get into the little work time I do have. Any juggling tips?

by on May. 27, 2014 at 4:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen2150
by Silver Member on May. 27, 2014 at 9:31 PM
What are their ages?
NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2014 at 8:50 AM

OOPS.  I just saw this was for WAHMs.  I removed my response.

coala
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2014 at 9:15 AM

I get up and get the kids going with their day.  I then come in and check to see if I have any work for the day.  I then go back to check on the children and I am back and forth all day and then add in the housework and EC's.....I am burntout by 7...they don't go to bed until 8.  My SO wonders why I am in bed between 9 and 10.  He should look at my day and actually get started early enough and he would totally get it.

JKronrod
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2014 at 9:45 AM

LOL.  This sounds like my life.  People ask, "How do you do it?" and the real answer is "I don't know."   What sort of work do you do?

Quoting coala:

I get up and get the kids going with their day.  I then come in and check to see if I have any work for the day.  I then go back to check on the children and I am back and forth all day and then add in the housework and EC's.....I am burntout by 7...they don't go to bed until 8.  My SO wonders why I am in bed between 9 and 10.  He should look at my day and actually get started early enough and he would totally get it.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on May. 29, 2014 at 9:45 AM

I do my work in  the evenings, but I am able to make my own schedule.  I get the kids up and going early so that we are finished with our school work by 1.  They do their free reading, wii fit "gym class", and their readingeggs or math online games in the afternoon on their own (like homework).  Then I go do my demonstrations.  I teach people how to can.

coala
by Silver Member on May. 29, 2014 at 11:39 AM

I do basic accounting for the company I work for on top of tax and lien searches for forclosed properties or homes that are being sold.  We are getting ready to take on HOA estopples.....I will learn as we go with this one.  It is a take it as it comes kind of job.  I drag my laptop with me to playdates and outings so I can work on the road.  As long as I have internet I can work from anywhere.

Quoting JKronrod:

LOL.  This sounds like my life.  People ask, "How do you do it?" and the real answer is "I don't know."   What sort of work do you do?

Quoting coala:

mamatink7
by on May. 30, 2014 at 8:57 PM

oh my goodness!! that would be so much fun to teach people how to can!! how can you get started in doing that? i have been canning for almost 5 years now; sharing my ways with amost everyone i know. 

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I do my work in  the evenings, but I am able to make my own schedule.  I get the kids up and going early so that we are finished with our school work by 1.  They do their free reading, wii fit "gym class", and their readingeggs or math online games in the afternoon on their own (like homework).  Then I go do my demonstrations.  I teach people how to can.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on May. 31, 2014 at 10:57 AM

I got started by accident.  My hubby started a business putting up solar panels and the people that were customers began asking us about a lot of the things we do: canning, gardening, composting, etc.  One of the ladies asked if I would take an evening and teach a bunch of her friends how to can salsa.  So I did it.  At this point, I have packages.  The 2 most popular are canning salsa and canning jam.  For those I charge $300 and I bring all of the produce, a water bath canner, a set of tools, a Ball Blue Book, and a dozen jars and I make a profit of (typically) $175-200.  It's just word of mouth, so many people around here want to get back into eating real food and knowing what's in the food they eat that I do a couple every week, all summer long!

Quoting mamatink7:

oh my goodness!! that would be so much fun to teach people how to can!! how can you get started in doing that? i have been canning for almost 5 years now; sharing my ways with amost everyone i know. 

Quoting bluerooffarm:

mamatink7
by on Jun. 1, 2014 at 2:02 PM

that is so amazing!! so you basically show a few ladies at each class? i would love to do that. everyone wants me to show them and got to the point where my dh said i should start charging them to learn...lol he would love it. thank you so much

Quoting bluerooffarm:

I got started by accident.  My hubby started a business putting up solar panels and the people that were customers began asking us about a lot of the things we do: canning, gardening, composting, etc.  One of the ladies asked if I would take an evening and teach a bunch of her friends how to can salsa.  So I did it.  At this point, I have packages.  The 2 most popular are canning salsa and canning jam.  For those I charge $300 and I bring all of the produce, a water bath canner, a set of tools, a Ball Blue Book, and a dozen jars and I make a profit of (typically) $175-200.  It's just word of mouth, so many people around here want to get back into eating real food and knowing what's in the food they eat that I do a couple every week, all summer long!

Quoting mamatink7:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Yep!  They have a party while they learn.  It's almost like a tupperware party or pampered chef.  Most of the parties are about 8-10 women, the canner I bring holds 8 pint jars or 10 jelly jars, so everyone gets to take a creation home and the "hostess" gets to keep the canner and book.

You should try it!  If you are teaching it anyway, why not?  :-)

Quoting mamatink7:

that is so amazing!! so you basically show a few ladies at each class? i would love to do that. everyone wants me to show them and got to the point where my dh said i should start charging them to learn...lol he would love it. thank you so much

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Quoting mamatink7:

Quoting bluerooffarm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)