Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

So how's it going, ladies?

Posted by   + Show Post
Enjoying June?
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:40 AM
Replies (11-20):
AJ_Parks
by New Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 11:27 PM
June is going great. We just started our new year Monday and so far everyone is loving it.
debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:49 AM
We are coasting through math. But my 5 year old has croup, my 4 year old has had 2 days of fevers with no cause, and my roommate got bell's palsy so I have been caring for 8 kids and dropping off and picking kids up from school.

June can get nothing but better.
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:39 AM

The start of my crazy has begun lol. 
Aside from swim starting (we are in the pool EVERY day), Riley's lessons start in 2 weeks, I'm volunteering once or twice a week for "intern" hours to go towards my degree, we've got my anniversary coming up, two days later our friend is PCSing back from Italy, then Flag Day (which we actually do stuff on), then fathers day, the next day my brother in law's birthday, the next day is our first swim meet, next is my mother in laws birthday, and the next day hubby is going with the neighbor to Comic Con in Philedalphia for 4 days during which time we'll have our daughter's birthday party, which her birthday is the last wesday this month, the next a swim meet, the PTSD awareness day, and finally, the next day is when we're helping a different neighbor move. Those are all the big events happening just this month.

To top off the crazy, I'm experiencing the worst allergy reaction I have ever had and the allergy meds are not agreeing with me. Its either be totally out of it and can breathe and have minimal itching, or have hives in my mouth and throat, unable to breathe for the day, but can somewhat function.

I am so glad we're done with school, and the portfolio stuff lol. O crap...I just remembered...I have to finish my neighbor's Comic Con dress.... and we're doing the "liter olympics" for 4H today... I better get my butt going.  

coala
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 8:52 AM

I'm so sorry!!!  I hope that when the time is right they will be ready to talk about and will over come this.

Quoting Boobah: Well, yes and no. I love June, and the weather had been great. We have been done with our lessons for a few months so have been reviewing and some moving on. But, my brothers girlfriend had her baby a couple days ago. She was only 24 weeks along, and the baby died after being here for about 15 hours. I am just heartbroken, and they aren't ready to talk about it (understandably) but I wish there was something I could do. They are both fairly young. He is 23 and she is 21

coala
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 8:55 AM

June has been good so far as I got to do a girls weekend away.......it was amazing to get to sleep in and eat whatever I wanted and not have to share.  LOL

The rest of June isn't looking so great.  While in the middle of schooling our children and running them to and from activities, I have to locate a place to move into.  This has been so difficult.  We have looked at several places and none of them are for "us".  We made a decision to put an application in on one last night and someone else had already been approved.  So, the hunt continues.  We are now down to about 45 days to pack and move.  We have to be out of this rental by July 21st.  UGH

How's your June going?

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 3:02 PM

My older boys are out west with their grandparents.  It's so quiet with just one!!  I finished pulling together my portfolio.  Printed out my new affidavit.  Wrote up my 14-15 objectives and the book lists to hand in on our June 24th meeting.  I've also been cleaning the classroom and gearing up to have a full-fledged kindergartener to add to my others.

I also analyzed Zave's diagnostic scores and realized that he needs a much higher language arts and grammar curriculum.  I'm looking at 8th and 9th grade curriculums now and scrapping what I had done before.  

bcogoli
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Praying for you all.

Quoting Boobah: Well, yes and no. I love June, and the weather had been great. We have been done with our lessons for a few months so have been reviewing and some moving on. But, my brothers girlfriend had her baby a couple days ago. She was only 24 weeks along, and the baby died after being here for about 15 hours. I am just heartbroken, and they aren't ready to talk about it (understandably) but I wish there was something I could do. They are both fairly young. He is 23 and she is 21

mommy2girls0506
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 4:36 PM

We are enjoying it very much.  My youngest daughter's birthday is this month :-)  actually tomorrow

TheScaryOne
by New Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 5:39 PM

Enjoying it very much!  Kiddos are almost done with a couple of subjects we doubled up on after having some issues during the winter.  (My fault, first my appendix and then just as I recovered from the surgery, I severely broke my wrist.)  Didn't want to double up in math but they do well with English and Science and such.  We decided to do school year round so it kind of works out anyway.  Also, this month is our 12th wedding anniversary!

collinsmommy0
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 7:03 PM
Terrible kid-wise, honestly. My son (who is 3) started hitting his 10 month old little brother this week, like a lot. I've started him on a reward chart and we are on day 3 & it's starting to improve. I've had to implement time out for the first time ever with him and he screams and cries the entire 3 minutes (& then is sad after). I'm really hoping his reward system continues to work, it's really tough to see him struggle with hitting - before this week he had never, ever hit anyone before. But now his baby brother wants what he is playing with, so he has to learn strategies to resolve those (which I'm teaching him, mainly to ask for me to come get him at this point)

'Academically', it's great though! We painted a Z and turned I into a zebra, practiced tracing and identifying the letter z on the iPad, made a book about seeds and plants, read lots of books on seeds and plants and dinosaurs, and he did swimming lessons. Busy week!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)