Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are your kids playing with more of the neighborhood kids since PS is out?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:43 AM
  • 20 Replies
Cole still has his friend next door but doesn't really have other neighborhood friends. He is a bit too nerd-y, I suppose.
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:08 AM
There have never been kids in our neighborhood. I'm kind of OK with that lol.
Reina13
by Reina on Jun. 4, 2014 at 11:37 AM

Not really. He has special needs and the kids around us are either too young or too old for him to play with. We are hoping to get together with his friends from his program this summer though.

kmath
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 12:26 PM

No more than during the school year because of my work schedule.  There is a whole herd of kids that live on our street and he tends to play with them most evenings when we get home from work.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 1:19 PM

They'll play more often with the neighborhood kids once scool is out, but PS doesn't let out until the 17th.

LostTheSlipper
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 1:45 PM

PS isn't out here yet, but no. He doesn't play with them.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:27 PM

Our street is a little quiet.  Ages don't quite match up with the few kids on our street, and since there are 5 kids in this house, we never seem short on fun or fights.  :)

myfirstloves
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:46 PM

My daughter plays with the neighbor kid, but he's homeschooled and he's my little brother (we're 13 years apart). There's a 6 year difference between him and my daughter, but they're like brother and sister.

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Jun. 4, 2014 at 6:31 PM

We just moved in our neighborhood. I saw a couple of kids, we're still new so no neighborhood friends yet!!

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:01 PM
PS are out today :)

We have a family from our scout troop just 4 doors down and the kids have been back n forth a few times already today..lol

Yes, I'm sure it will be a daily thing.
ChristineTate
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:10 PM

The PS school kids in our neighborhood start knocking on our door when they start to think about summer break.  PS school here doesn't let out until 6/13, but some of the kids are all ready remembering my daughter is available to play.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)