Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are your kids playing with more of the neighborhood kids since PS is out?

Posted by   + Show Post
Cole still has his friend next door but doesn't really have other neighborhood friends. He is a bit too nerd-y, I suppose.
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:43 AM
Replies (11-20):
sweetfox3
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:38 PM

School here lets out at the end of next week.  We school year-round but it will be interesting what happens when DD's friends come ask her to play.  We will probably let her go and have her make-up the lesson-time in the evening.

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:14 PM
No. We live in the country. We spend most of our time with friends that we know. We keep in touch through the summer and do things together. Most of their friends are homeschoolers. Their neighbors are pretty much Grandma and our chickens. LOL
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 4, 2014 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes and it's driving me batty. We can't go outside without the entire neighborhood being over here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:41 AM

PS is out here tomorrow. The kids are definitely coming outside to play more since they haven't really had homework. It is harder to tell them they have to stay in when there is really no reason to lol. 

coala
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 9:00 AM

We don't really have many kids where we live.  So, not to many to play with.  We are going to a homeschool get together in just a bit for them to bounce and run around.  It is an indoor trampoline park.....we get an awesome discount there.

My girls friends who go to public school just finished yesterday.  They can't go play over there until we have a sit down with those parents.  My oldest wrote in her journal that she kissed her friend on a way to a practice that we drove nearly 2 hours to get to.  They are only 8....yes 8.  I know his dad will be proud of his son, but we have to figure out how to get better supervision over these 2 before things get out of hand.  Neither of the mom's know which child instigated, but we were in the car with them and didn't know anything happened.  They seem to be super sneaky about this.....We will get a handle on it.

SarahinWA
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 9:36 PM
School is not out here quite yet, but the "summer residence" kids have arrived. My children are thrilled!
collinsmommy0
by Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 11:00 PM
Well DS is 3....but we left the pool today because public school is out and all the big kids were in the little kids pool (max age is supposed to be 6), they weren't following the rules (fighting, pushing, splashing), and their moms were off drinking about 100 feet away (at the big kid/adult pool)

I kinda can't wait until 2 weeks or so when the parents put them all in camp. Lol
Bleacher-mom
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 3:32 AM
The schools here have just another day, but yes, once theyre out I know my door will get several more dents in it from kids knocking.
YzmaRocks
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 7:19 AM
There aren't many kids in the area and they hardly ever go outside.
somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 7:35 AM

No, as far as I can tell we have mostly older couples and couples with younger kids. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN