Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone use Spectrum books??

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:51 AM
  • 5 Replies

I got my son Xavier a Spectrum Spelling book and I LOVE it! He got his first 100 on a spelling test, he hasnt done that all year. I want to try the other subjects and am curious how everyone else feels about them? I must say I LOVE the price :)

by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this

We used them for the first two years, but after awhile I felt that they were just not enough. The second year we used them, they were more of a supplemental book than anything. The Spelling & Writing books we did do just as spelling and writing on its own. It got to the point though, where each year they repeated a lot of the same material and my daughter was bored with them and would fight me every time she had to do them, which is ultimately why we switched away from them. We will use them from time to time as supplement, or go over things we didn't cover in the year after we finish the year's curriculum (For instance we use Math U See, and the spectrum workbooks would have a few things in there that MUS didn't have for another year yet...).

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 7:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I would consider them a supplement, not a full curriculum.  I used them when my oldest was in PS as a summer bridge.

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Fantastic supplements (as they were meant to be).

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Codysmom2106
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 8:51 AM

As supplements absolutely! I have several for my son. 

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:00 AM
1 mom liked this
They were tremendously helpful for me as a first time homeschooler on a super tight budget when I was still figuring out this curriculum thing! My kids were little,so workbooks were OK for a bit. It's not a full curriculum, and few kids are designed for strictly workbook type learning.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN