Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Interview With a Home Schooling Mama for The Stir

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 7:29 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hi!

My name is Nicole and I'm a senior staff writer for The Stir. I'm currently looking to interview a mother who home schools her child/children for the site.

If you're interested, please PM me or respond to this post, telling me a little bit about yourself. Thanks so much and looking forward to hearing from you!

-Nicole

by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 7:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Hi Nicole. My name is Aimee; mom to DD12, DS5, and DS2. I would be interested in talking with you.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:55 AM
Hello, my name is Leissa, I've been homeschooling 2 children for going on 8 years now. I would be interested on speaking with you.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this

Are you planning to go the WifeSwap way and pick the most crazy, out there homeschooler you can find on this site? ;) 

I would love to see one of the more every day, regular Joe (Jill ? lol) types. So often in interviews, the most radical unschooler or hardcore fundamentalist homeschooler is chosen to represent all of us. 8)

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:54 AM
I was wondering this as well. I would love to see some moms that more in the middle. We are a very diverse group of people.

Quoting mem82:

Are you planning to go the WifeSwap way and pick the most crazy, out there homeschooler you can find on this site? ;) 

I would love to see one of the more every day, regular Joe (Jill ? lol) types. So often in interviews, the most radical unschooler or hardcore fundamentalist homeschooler is chosen to represent all of us. 8)

kmath
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 1:08 PM

I agree with this.  Hopefully it will be either someone kind of middle ground or more than one homeschooler.  Otherwise the opinions can be so slanted.

Quoting mem82:

Codysmom2106
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 2:37 PM

Hi my name is Lisa. I just started homeschooling my son this year. He's in second grade and has a few disabilities. He has ADHD which he is no longer medicated for, CMT1a ans SPD. We use a mixture of curriculum some of which consists of math u see, apologia science, story of the world and shurley english. I supplement with flash cards and spectrum workbooks. 

TJandKarasMom
by Debbie on Jun. 9, 2014 at 7:37 PM

I agree with this as well.  I would love to be interviewed, I think I'm a pretty middle of the road homeschooler.  Our kids left public school just a year ago, and I worked in the public school as well.  So we have experience on both sides. I have DS11.5 and DD10.5.  We chose to homeschool for a wide variety of reasons and we have had many ups and downs this year.

Quoting mem82:

eesmommy
by on Jun. 9, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Lol... I am soooooo NOT radical hahaha ask me anything.

Quoting mem82:

NoraDun
by Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 10:51 PM

Good point. If your looking or the real deal, normal every day homeschool Mom feel free to ask me anything. I am so plain jane, nonstructured, LOL It would be nice for an honest, straight forward approach was taken on the subject.

Quoting mem82:

debramommyof4
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Hi Nicole, My name is Debra.  I am mom to dd8,dd7,ds5 and dd4.  I have been homeschooling for 4 years.  I live in a home with 8 kids.  The 4 that homeschool are mine the other 4 are my friends who we all moved in together to save money.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)