Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I have made a decision to enroll my son into online schooling. I know it's not going to be an easy road but he's very intelligent just hard for him to cope with other kids distracting him and his teacher putting pressure on him and not understanding that he's an ADHD child. My child is fully on board and so is my boyfriend (his father) and I am excited to spend extra time with him and be fully involved in his education so I can make sure he's living up to his full potential. 

I have to admit though that I am a little bit intimidated because I don't know anyone who homeschools or even online schools  thier children and it's going to be a huge adjustment because I'm used to having him gone during the day when I stay home and clean and have time alone. But I am aware that keeping a schedule is going to be key! I feel very strongly about onlne schooling for my son.

I am very anxious to set a schedule and have him part of some online clubs and going on some field trips.

Anyone else online schooling?

by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Replies (21-21):
FallMama
by Member on Sep. 25, 2014 at 9:21 AM

We did the same thing, online school through k12 for the first year.  My daughter was in 1st grade when she started.  Now we're homeschooling independently.  It was a good decision for us for the first year.

Quoting sweetr0se:

How old is your child? I am happy to hear it went well and I heard good things about it from other kids.

Quoting linz04060913:

Give yourself grace. Seriously, remember you are only one person. It takes a while to adjust, but you will get through. We chose online schooling for the first year at home and it was a good decision for the first year. We did K12

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)