Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I just thought I had issues.

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 2:38 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this
I thought I had issues being a curriculum junkie, but I think I discovered something worse. I'm going through all my curriculum magazines and am having a hard time getting rid of them. I keep telling myself there isn't any reason to need two from the same company. Lol, I'm a mess.
by on Jun. 14, 2014 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sweetr0se
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome to be so involved and excited about your child's/children's life! 

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok, that was a good laugh.  Take a deep breath, you can do this.  Keep the newer catalog.  No, wait....maybe the older one has something they've gotten rid of and you need to remember it....  I have these mental arguments all the time.  I went to Japan when I was 16 and kept my school shoes in a ziploc for the trip back.  I kept that bag shut for YEARS cuz it contained Japanese air.  :)

kmath
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:07 PM

LOL, DS has this problem.  I try to throw stuff like that out and he takes it and puts them in his room.  He likes looking at everything in them and asking me to get him stuff. 

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:10 PM

Quoting hwblyf:

Ok, that was a good laugh.  Take a deep breath, you can do this.  Keep the newer catalog.  No, wait....maybe the older one has something they've gotten rid of and you need to remember it....  I have these mental arguments all the time.  I went to Japan when I was 16 and kept my school shoes in a ziploc for the trip back.  I kept that bag shut for YEARS cuz it contained Japanese air.  :)

That was one of my arguements. The other was I liked the shape of their older magazine better than the new one, lol. Plus I have all my notes in the older ones. So much for decluttering that area, lol.

That would be something I would do.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:13 PM

The notes are hard to replace.  I'm no help.  You need to get out in the real world where people don't have the same addiction.  Get someone harsh from TV to come in and trash your stuff.  Just writing that is making me hyperventilate.  Don't do it!!!!!!

Quoting Dawn07:

Quoting hwblyf:

That was one of my arguements. The other was I liked the shape of their older magazine better than the new one, lol. Plus I have all my notes in the older ones. So much for decluttering that area, lol.

hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I've thrown the same Oriental Trading Company catalog into recycling 4 times in one week.  Give it up boys, I'm not buying!!!!!!

Quoting kmath:

LOL, DS has this problem.  I try to throw stuff like that out and he takes it and puts them in his room.  He likes looking at everything in them and asking me to get him stuff. 

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kmath:

That's cool. I'm usually pretty good at throwing stuff out, except for books, curriculum, and apparently now curriculum magazines. Shh, don't tell Dh.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Ha!
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Lol! They are. And I would have to recopy them into the new one and that would take forever. 

Quoting hwblyf:

The notes are hard to replace.  I'm no help.  You need to get out in the real world where people don't have the same addiction.  Get someone harsh from TV to come in and trash your stuff.  Just writing that is making me hyperventilate.  Don't do it!!!!!!

Quoting Dawn07:

Quoting hwblyf:

BellaRose17
by Member on Jun. 14, 2014 at 4:13 PM

!!!!!! How do you get curriculum magazines?!?!?!?! I wantttt!! ^_^

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN