Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

E-mailing an evaluation

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:12 AM
  • 9 Replies

The person performing the academic evaluation for my son asked for it to be e-mailed to him.  I'm working on getting everything scanned now.  I was hoping if anyone had any experience with doing this through e-mail could give me some advice. 

So far I'm scanning everything as a PDF and am seperating by subject.  For example, Spelling, then Storybook answers/comprehension, then HWT as handwriting work,etc.

Does this sound okay?  Should I just attach every peice individually, or did you find a way to put it all in one folder?  

I would really like some advice, I'm quite intimidated by this.  bummed_out

by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LostTheSlipper
Today is a "blah" day.
Today at 6:40 PM
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:40 AM

Wow, that sucks. Is there a reason it couldn't be done in person? I'd be kind of POed having to do all that extra crap.

Mandallyn
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:49 AM

I contacted quite a few evaluators.  He was the only one that kept in contact with me.  The others either didn't answer, or stopped replying to my emails and our conv. didn't go any further.

It definitely sucks, but what else can I do?  It's too late to look for anyone else.

Quoting LostTheSlipper:

Wow, that sucks. Is there a reason it couldn't be done in person? I'd be kind of POed having to do all that extra crap.

Bluerose1482
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 5:49 PM

I'd try to save it as one large PDF, with everything included.  If I couldn't get that done, I'd do one subject at a time.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I scanned a bunch of their work and saved it in power point (yeah, I know, how geeky) and let them watch a slide show of the year.  Maybe you could do something like that?

That sucks.  My evaluator wants to see the child and have them read to her and do a couple math problems.  We did ours yesterday.  Good luck!

Chasing3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

i did this to email to the local principal and assistant superintendent. Even with low res images ( i took pictues of everything or scanned it all) the file was huge. I had put all my images in a PowerPoint file and had planeed to email that. But the file was huge. SO I ended up saving the entire PP as a .pdf. I uploaded it to Google Docs and then set the privacy to "whom eveer has the link can view it," then emailed them the link.

They can print or download from google docs.

I was really afraid that the huge file wouldn't go through email, or if they didn't have PowerPoint or were totally clueless on computers... then they'd assume I was the idiot.

I emailed on Monday and didn't get a reply.... I assume they got it. I shoudl see if there is a way to tell if anyone viewd it in google docs.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 2:55 PM

I'm on the fence about the email evals. honestly. I don't know of a better why to send them, though.

Chasing3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 9:39 PM

I should add, i really didn't submit that much work, It was about 6 projects, but more than one pic or scan on some. I scanned a 30 page student journal, but put it in a different pdf to upload so they don't need to look at the whole thing if they don't want to. I emailed the links to a few friends to tell me if it worked for them - including my completely computer illiterate parents who could figure it out - so I was pretty sure even the district administrators could figure it out.

StanleyGirl
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 10:24 PM
May I ask, where did you all find your evaluators? ?
redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 4:18 PM
I found mine in a local homeschooling group on Facebook.

Quoting StanleyGirl: May I ask, where did you all find your evaluators? ?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)