Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Supplies?

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 7:25 PM
  • 15 Replies

hello, I was curious about what will be on your home school supply list this year? I home schooled my son for preschool and will this year as well. I was wondering what is on your list? Even the basics like crayons,paper,ect. 
 What will the supplies be used for? What books will you use? Im looking for imspiration and ideas to use to make this year a fun year.

PS my son is doing another year of preschool at home he is 4,I will be teaching kindergarden things to him. 

teacher butterfly

by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen2150
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:18 PM
I don't usually have a list. I usually buy things as needed. Currently I need blank journals, computer paper, pencils, and books and more books. I have a gallon of glue, tons of markers, and a lot of paitn so I am good on that front. I do need some cardstock though. After almost 8 years of homeschooling I almost have supplies coming out of my ears. I would make a list of things you want to do for projects. Maybe get a certain amount per week. Have you decided how you want to organize everything?
NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 10:33 PM

For 8th grade we'll be getting just some basics:  pens, pencils, dry erase markers, spiral notebooks, and a looseleaf binder for a new book of centuries.  We're dabbling in Ambleside Online again this upcoming year.  Can't wait!

4wildbeasts
by Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 11:05 PM
I will have kids in pre-k, kindergarten, 2nd grade, and 3rd grade next year. I need lots of composition books, glue sticks, crayons, colored pencils, dry erase markers, pencils, and erasers. I also look at the experiment supply list at the beginning of the science book and pick up whatever I need.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 7:57 AM

I have a Kindergartener, 2nd and "4th" graders this year.  

Supplies: Balloons, tissue paper in all colors, chalk, dry erase markers, index cards, dice with more sides (a couple of 20s and a couple of 12s), more laminator sheets, some reusable write and wipe pockets (I'll have a new writer), A set of "find the evidence" clips, hands on fraction tiles.

Books:  All I need to buy this year are 3 levels of Spelling You See, the Delta level of Math U See, Time for Grammar Kids, Story of the World 3, A few biographies (George Washington, Ben Franklin, and other explorers and early Americans), and the next couple of Life of Fred books.

ETA: Editor-In-Chief (I forgot I needed that book)

coala
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 12:11 PM

I have paper, printer ink, pens, pencils, crayons, markers, colored pencils, contruction paper, wiggle eyes...seriously I have tons of stuff that comes from the craft store.  You would be amazed at the stuff you accumulate doing projects.  I put the leftovers in a zip lock bag, label and stick into a container with similar stuff.  I have a laundry basket overflowing with paints...all differnt kinds as well as adhesives.  You never know what you are going to need.

collinsmommy0
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 12:19 PM
I have a 3 year old. We have most of the supplies I'll use but ill likely buy crayons, markers, dry erase markers, glue, and construction paper at the back to school sales. I have paint, coloring books/activity books, stickers, foam art stuff, pipe cleaners, and Pom poms galore already.

Im planning on buying a curriculum packet a few times a year which supplies most of the art materials for 20 days of preschool (I stretch it out over 3-4 months, doing some of that curriculum and some of my own stuff) ( adventures in learning preschool curriculum)
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Supplies:

Golf pencils (small - better for grip)

White board markers

Junior composition notebooks

Modeling clay

Finger paints

Construction paper

Crayons

Colored pencils

Pastels

Other types of paints, brushes, etc

Lined notebook paper (wide and college ruled)

Binders (lots of them!)

Glue (sticks and regular)

Stapler

Tape

Books (kindergarten):

Maths: CLE Math 1, Miquon

Phonics: Primary Arts of Language Reading, Little Angel Readers

Handwriting: Seton Handwriting for Young Catholics K

Spelling/phonics help: Apples and Pears A

Religion: literature based (saint stories, prayer memorization, etc)

Social Studies: Literature

Science: Literature based

Character and Memory Work: Catholic Heritage Curriculum's Character Cards/Program

Second semester we will add in:

PAL Writing (sister program to the PAL Reading we're using)

Evan Moore Beginning Geography and VP's Legends and Leagues for geography

Catholic Heritage Curriculum's "Bigger Stories for Little Folks" and "What Can You Do"

I also have a 7th grader this fall, and her list is floating around somewhere on the board, lol.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

RADmomma
by Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 12:39 PM

i wait until school starts here and then I stock up like a crazy lady when the stores all mark down the crayons, markers, notebooks, folders & stuff.

We homeschool for first grade this year. I dont have a list of books handy but we dont buy many. We borrow most from the library

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 2:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Not really a 'list' so much as I take advantage of all the school supplies on sale every Fall.

fisheykisses
by New Member on Jun. 19, 2014 at 5:02 PM

Quoting mem82:

Not really a 'list' so much as I take advantage of all the school supplies on sale every Fall.

I am the same way,I make a little list but I did the same last year I took full advantage of school supplies on sale during the fall. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)