Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

REAL science odyssey

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 4:04 PM
  • 6 Replies

Do you use it?  If so, what level 1 book did you start with?  Does it matter?  My daughter is more interested in space but I'm thinking that maybe I should start with the life cycle curriculum because its the first level one book that pops up on all the sites.   Just curious if anyone uses it what you think of it and what you think of using the space book first.

by on Jun. 19, 2014 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Reina13
by Reina on Jun. 21, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Following. 

mhaney03
by Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 12:50 PM

I wouldn't use anything by that publisher.  She had a hissy fit all over facebook about being asked if her materials aligned with common core.  So much of a fit she hurled lots of anti-Christianity insults.  Basically saying any science published by a christian publisher was useless and hers is the only one that's right.

katyq
by Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 4:49 PM
3 moms liked this

I am using life science first. I personally will only use completely secular material. Religion has no place in a science textbook.

Mweddle
by Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 5:52 PM

Have you started it yet?  What do you think of it?  I am a Christian but I wanted a secular science program.  

Quoting katyq:

I am using life science first. I personally will only use completely secular material. Religion has no place in a science textbook.

katyq
by Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 5:54 PM

I do like it alot. They only have three books out but are planning for an entire k-12 set, so we'll see what comes next :) i am also comsidering curriculum put out by the College of William and Mary Center for Gifted Learning as they have some pretty neat books on subjects like archaeology and botany. :)

Quoting Mweddle:

Have you started it yet?  What do you think of it?  I am a Christian but I wanted a secular science program.  

Quoting katyq:

redhead-bedhead
by Bronze Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 4:05 PM
We have been using it and we really like it. It does involve prep work but it's worth it. It has a lot of labs and that keeps my daughter interested.

Quoting Mweddle:

Quoting katyq:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)