Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Math U See Question...

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:28 PM
  • 4 Replies

I know that the whole point behind Math U See is for students to master each lesson before moving on, so really it could take any amount of time to complete each lesson in each level of Math U See...

BUT

How quickly do you and your children make it through a level of Math U See? I'm just trying to get a general idea because it seems like we might go through Alpha pretty quickly and might need to follow up with Beta before the end of the year.

Does one level of Math U See last you a full school year? Or do you tend to do two levels in one year?

by on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

We do one level per year.  Typically on Monday we watch the video and Do WSA together, Tuesday he does WSB and D, Wednesday he does WSC and E, Thursday he teaches me the lesson using WSF, and Friday he takes the test and does the Enrichment if I like it.  With 30 lessons, I fill out the year with a week of drills and a week of review between the semesters and then a week of drills and a week of review at the end of the year.  

You can do more than one in a year, but it is set up so that you reach Algebra when the child is ready for the logic that goes with it.

AJ_Parks
by New Member on Jun. 21, 2014 at 8:38 PM
1 mom liked this
A book usually lasts us a year sorta. We school year round so we go through maybe 1 1/4 per year. Sometimes we fly through and then sometimes we have to slow way down to learn a concept. Alpha is mainly simple Addition and subtraction. So I depends how much of that your child knows.
BellaRose17
by Member on Jun. 22, 2014 at 10:28 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you both so much! :)
StanleyGirl
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:21 PM
I uses it for 3 kids this year my oldest that is average at math took 3/4 To Do it, My Math Wiz did it in half that time my youngest struggles with math and we took the whole year so it really depends on the child...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)