Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

'You like to stay busy, don't you?'

Posted by   + Show Post
That's what my mil just said to me because it's the start of VBS week and the kids were talking about it. Lol I don't really want to be busy! It just happens.

How busy have you been so far?
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 8:13 AM
Replies (11-13):
coala
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:29 AM

We are at the pool 4 days a week....and early for us.  We have skating practice 3 days week.  Then add in all the fundraising for nationals, the fact that I am still trying to  maintain a normal day for my children, and pack my house to start moving by the 1st.  I've re-injured my right writst (chronic tendinitis), so cleaning and packing is almost at a stand still.....so is laundry.

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:55 PM

Swim season = excessively busy. 
This week alone is chaos: Monday: swim practice for Jamie from 7:15-8:45, run from there to Riley's lesson from 10-10:30, the family drops me off so I can volunteer from 11-5. I get a ride home from the neighbor who works at the same place I volunteer. While I'm gone, Jamie helps the neighbor across the street pack and get ready to move, while Riley and hubby go to the VA hobby shop and work on Jamie's birthday gift. 
Tuesday: swim practices from 7:15-10:30, drop off hubby at the VA hobby shop, come home for lunch, and get ready for the swim meet. 4:30, pick up hubby, then head off to Chambersburg for a swim meet 5-10:30 pm. Come home and drop....
Wednesday (today!): Jamie's brithday!! Practice from 7:15-10:30. I ride in with the neighbor to volunteer, the family picks me up after they're done at the pool, which today was about 11:30. They stayed for an extra hour since its "Wellness Wednesday" at the college, so its a free day at their facitility. Drop hubby off at the VA hobby shop. Kids are showering now and eating lunch, then we go back to pick him up. The rest of the day will hopefully just be relaxing and birthday fun stuff :) 
Thursday: practice from 7:15-10:30. Come home for a few hrs, and go back to the first pool by 4 to start prepping for another swim meet...which will probably last until 10 again.... (we're doing another double dual, so 3 teams swimming again, which is why its taking forever, but at least its a home meet this time and not an hr drive!)
Friday: practice...again... Private swim lessons from 1-2 for both kids, then Jamie is going to another neighbor's house for a sleep over.
Saturday: practice from 9-11, then booking it out to a friend who lives an hr away for another sleep over for Jamie since this family is moving at the end of next month :(. I come back and help the neighbor move (fortunatly, its a relatively near by move...but she forgot to book a freaking rental truck so we'll see how this goes!)
Sunday: Pick Jamie up in the morning/early afternoon, the go to the final swim clinic at the college from 4-5:30 and sign Riley up for his next 2 weeks of lessons.  

Every week seems to be that jam packed! There is little down time it seems... I can't wait til fall because then our schedule isn't so packed, but if Jamie wants to take swimming "seriously" we're looking at a winter swim team, but the closest one right now is an hr away... *sigh* I don't WANT to be busy... but it just seems like we always are :/  

LostTheSlipper
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 12:58 PM

We've been running, running, running. Swimming lessons the previous two weeks every morning, library stuff,  playdates, other events. DS has soccer this week every morning. We've been to the pool, going to the park tomorrow...it's crazy!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN