Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Best site to order curriculum?

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 9:54 AM
  • 5 Replies
I want to order Saxon for second grade, but I'm not sure which site to order from. Also, are there reliable sites for secondhand Saxon? I'd like to see if I could buy a used teacher's edition.
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
irvinehiker
by Andrea on Jun. 23, 2014 at 12:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Rainbowresource.com is the best. Quick service, great selection, and good prices.

Ive had good luck with ebay, vegsource, and homeschoolclassifieds.com for used materials. I havent had any trouble buying used stuff, but Im very picky about who I buy from.
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

There are a ton of used curriculum groups on facebook.

Christianbookdistributors is a good website. Amazon is great as well. In general, I tend to stick with the publisher's site or Amazon.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Bethbeth
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 3:22 PM

I have bought some things on ebay. Sometimes it's tricky to tell if the item is the current edition or a previous one, or if there is much writing in the teacher's book or whatever. But I would guess buying second hand anywhere these would be issues. I have purchased several textbooks on ebay and I was very happy with the purchases.

Bluecalm
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 3:32 PM
I'm not sure I want secondhand for that reason so I may just get the whole set new.

Quoting Bethbeth:

I have bought some things on ebay. Sometimes it's tricky to tell if the item is the current edition or a previous one, or if there is much writing in the teacher's book or whatever. But I would guess buying second hand anywhere these would be issues. I have purchased several textbooks on ebay and I was very happy with the purchases.

oahoah
by Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 10:04 PM

I also love Rainbow Resource. http://www.homeschoolclassifieds.com/ is another good site, and I've noticed that most curricula have a FB presence and some even have a special page for selling/buying.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN