Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I wish I spent more time doing....

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 7:24 PM
  • 5 Replies
Looking back over the past school year (or past year for this who school year round), what is one thing you wish you had spent more time doing, teaching, etc?
by on Jun. 23, 2014 at 7:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rsrangel
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 7:26 PM
I wish we had spent more time at the library, and read more living books. I also wish we had done more hands on activities and picked a hobby we could learn together.
bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2014 at 8:21 PM

I wish we had spent more time just talking.  In the past couple of weeks we've had some wonderfully deep conversations about rights, volcanos, good vs. evil, composting, crop rotation, butterflies, super heroes, you name it.  

No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Hmmm... I think history projects. I wish we could have spent more time engaging in history instead of just reading about. We did some easy projects, but I had planned for some pretty elaborate ones that we just never seemed to have the time to actually do, which I think would have made a difference in remembering the history lessons....same wtih science....I wish we could have pulled off more elaborate labs. 
I purchased all lab equipment this year, and we're dopping history, so hopefully we can put in some time for fun geography projects :)  

jen2150
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Staying home more and making karate class a priority.
bcogoli
by Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 6:34 PM

I wish we spent more time reveiwing the basics, were doing it over the summer but by now im so tired of addition and subtraction that I could scream.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)