Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

End of the Year "Graduation" Ideas?

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:15 PM
  • 6 Replies

Tomorrow is our last day of homeschool and the girls' "graduation" from kindergarten...

Any ideas on how to make the day special?

How do you celebrate the last day of school for your family?

:) 

by on Jun. 24, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:09 PM
Quite honestly, I don't. I don't do grade levels, we go by ability, and that changes at a different rate than a traditional school year. Plus, we school year round,so its hard to say when something is "finished". I congratulate them on each of their accomplishments, but Ill save the big graduation celebration for when they finish high school.
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 2:30 PM

We pulled our oldest in the middle of a school year, and he got to see how the school celebrated all the other kids at the end of the year and was sad and wanted that.  So we went out to a celebration meal, gave him a certificate, and talked about his accomplishments.  I also get a teacher gift.  :)  With them all home now, it's a celebratory meal, and that's about it.

romacox
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 3:12 PM

We always attended graduavion ceremonies with our local home school group. 

NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:13 PM

When my kids were little we would have several "End of No School" picnics with homeschool groups to go to with food, games, and a little ceremony where the kids got certificates.  

Now we usually go out for breakfast, see a movie, go to Times Square, go to dinner, or order out.  We keep it simple.  We'll probably do something more for 8th and 12th grade graduations.  

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 8:25 PM
I've always done end of the school year pics. I'll print out (or buy) certificates and we choose a fun outing to kick off our summer.
DyslexiaParent
by Member on Jun. 24, 2014 at 11:26 PM

We always celebrated the last day of school with banana splits for dinner!! It was the only day of the year we had banana splits, so it made them extra special. ;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)