Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Huh. Ok. I must really be behind. Have you seen this?

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:52 PM
  • 6 Replies
Apparently there is MINECRAFT CURRICULUMS. Like, up to 9 month unit studies. Have you seen this before? Have you used it and where did you get yours? Was it any good?

Sorry for all the questions, I guess I'm still in shock. If it is any good I know my son will love it.
by on Jun. 25, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
tntmom1027
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:16 PM

I've seen some of them. Haven't found one that I could use..but I also don't like spending ton of money on curriculum right now(my son is only 6). We have used Minecraft in our studies. Both in having him build/replicate things from history. As well as I built him a maze where he had to read out the clues to figure out how to get out...some were sentences with directions others were math questions that gave the answer. 

I like the look of minecraft edu but it isn't available to homeschoolers just educational institutions. 

Bleacher-mom
by Member on Jun. 25, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Quoting tntmom1027:

I've seen some of them. Haven't found one that I could use..but I also don't like spending ton of money on curriculum right now(my son is only 6). We have used Minecraft in our studies. Both in having him build/replicate things from history. As well as I built him a maze where he had to read out the clues to figure out how to get out...some were sentences with directions others were math questions that gave the answer. 

I like the look of minecraft edu but it isn't available to homeschoolers just educational institutions. 

I can understand not wanting to spend a lot of money at that age. I really like your ideas of what you have done. From what you've said, im getting tons of ideas. Thank you!

I saw a few different ones when I did a google search, but the one I clicked on was whenyourise.com, I believe. It is specifically for homeschoolers. I think I might just get one of the 6 weeks studies because it was like $7 and see if it is any good.
Leissaintexas
by Bronze Member on Jun. 26, 2014 at 11:08 AM
Minecraft edu is in fact available to homeschoolers. I've looked into it, but its not really cost effective for us.
MessedUpMama
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 7:48 PM

They must have changed their minds then, because they actually say that they can not sell it to homeschoolers or other individuals, only schools. My son would love it though if I could get it for him. We might try some math classes next fall, maybe some of the other classes as well, but I don't know yet.

Quoting Leissaintexas: Minecraft edu is in fact available to homeschoolers. I've looked into it, but its not really cost effective for us.

LostTheSlipper
by Member on Jun. 27, 2014 at 8:07 PM

I've heard of them but don't let my son play so it's not something I've looked into.

lovepotato
by Member on Jul. 4, 2014 at 7:45 AM
This is a website that seems to be just for homeschoolers. http://minecrafthomeschool.com
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)