Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Have you used Literary Lessons from the Lord of the Rings (for literature) or/and One Year Adventure Novel Curriculum (for composition)?

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 3:20 PM
  • 1 Replies

I have a 13 yr old daughter who is going into 8th grade.  Previously she has been in a private Catholic school but we will doing a hybrid school next year.  I will teach her language arts and math..  She will go to the hybrid school for science and history.  My daughter is 2e - she is on the autism spectrum but is also gifted especially in the verbal/writing area.  Because of this I have been investigating challenging language arts curriculum.  Has anyone heard or used these two curriculum - Literary Lessons from the Lord of the Rings (for literature) and One Year Adventure Novel Curriculum (for composition).  The second year for the composition program is Other Worlds - Writing Science Fiction & Fantasy.  My daughter is especially interested in the second year science fiction writing but it is emphasized that they need to do the first year.  Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had experience with either of these programs and what they thought of them.

by on Jun. 27, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Reina13
by Reina on Jun. 28, 2014 at 2:02 PM

My son is younger but this does sound fascinating especially as the second year program is something she is interested in. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN