Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Is anybody else taking advantage of the library summer reading programs? :-) My oldest finished kindergarten this year and just started 1st grade so this is our first time being able to participate. She is loving it! For every 3 hours that she reads she gets a prize. She has already earned the first two prizes and she feels so great about herself and more confident about her reading. I am loving it because she is willing now to read harder books more often since they will let her log in more time. She is about to start her first Stepping Stones chapter book and feels excited about it instead of intimidated by the length. :-) Is anyone else using the library reading program to help build up reading skills and confidence? :-) I remember loving these when I was a kid and I am so happy libraries are still doing them. :-)

by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Replies (11-11):
collinsmommy0
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:46 PM
I tried to with my 3 year old. They require 12 hours of reading for 1 entry into the 'grand prize' which is 2 tickets to a nearby museum (they are giving away 3 sets, I think, in a city of 500,000+ people)

He got a pencil and a sticker for doing over 15 of their activities, which included reading, bubbles and other games, and attending a storytime (which had about 70 people & was a disaster)

Next year I think I'll skip it.....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)