Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How much planning are you doing this month?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:32 AM
  • 32 Replies
Are you getting your ducks in a row for school?
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen2150
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:42 AM
Starting back next week so I better. :-) My ducks are always in a row. If only my life was as orderly as my ducks. I am pretty much ready after planning all month. I even started writing my book for my kids for our history study. I am doing quite a few new things this year so wish me luck.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck! Sounds like you have some exciting plans for the year!

Quoting jen2150: Starting back next week so I better. :-) My ducks are always in a row. If only my life was as orderly as my ducks. I am pretty much ready after planning all month. I even started writing my book for my kids for our history study. I am doing quite a few new things this year so wish me luck.
kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Not really, I have to send in my eval, but other than that we aren't doing much yet.  June and July are crazy.  I will start really planning near the end of the month when things calm down and I have some time.

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:24 AM
I'm working on them lol. I packed away our old books. Our new books are trickling in. I've been writing out lessons and making a supply list. I've only been working in things as I feel like it though. I really needed the break this year.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:38 AM
You know, I really need the break this year, too. I don't feel as burned out as I did in May but I feel it hovering in the background.
I've made a few lists for Theo's Kindergarten lessons when I was bored.

Quoting Dawn07: I'm working on them lol. I packed away our old books. Our new books are trickling in. I've been writing out lessons and making a supply list. I've only been working in things as I feel like it though. I really needed the break this year.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:39 AM
I need my LOI and curriculum outline ready by 8/13

Quoting kmath:

Not really, I have to send in my eval, but other than that we aren't doing much yet.  June and July are crazy.  I will start really planning near the end of the month when things calm down and I have some time.

kmath
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Do you have to plan out the whole year ahead of time or just a general idea of what you are going to do?  We are going to do some review starting mid July, but I don't really have to plan that.  Good luck getting everything together!

Quoting mem82: I need my LOI and curriculum outline ready by 8/13

Quoting kmath:

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this
It's just an outline. It doesn't have to be long or fancy. Thanks!

Quoting kmath:

Do you have to plan out the whole year ahead of time or just a general idea of what you are going to do?  We are going to do some review starting mid July, but I don't really have to plan that.  Good luck getting everything together!

Quoting mem82: I need my LOI and curriculum outline ready by 8/13

Quoting kmath:

coala
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 10:58 AM

No planning unless you count packing boxes and deciding where they will go in the new house.  We are working through the last 10 days of this marking period and then taking a 2 week break until we are in the new house and slightly settled.  Our offices will be the first 2 things done and then the kids desks and school area.  Mom and dad have to be ready first as we both work from home....and that is where the paychecks come from.  LOl

AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Yes. Yes. Yes.

I'm writing lesson plans for the first quarter for all subjects, switching out a couple subjects, finishing up some orders.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN