Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How much planning are you doing this month?

Posted by   + Show Post
Are you getting your ducks in a row for school?
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Replies (11-20):
Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:21 AM
This is the first year that I didn't even think about school until the end of June. It wasn't really school that was overwhelming. We had other things that made it be though. Those have been cut out and I feel a lot calmer. I am going to have to be more careful to what I say yes to during the school year.

Quoting mem82: You know, I really need the break this year, too. I don't feel as burned out as I did in May but I feel it hovering in the background.
I've made a few lists for Theo's Kindergarten lessons when I was bored.

Quoting Dawn07: I'm working on them lol. I packed away our old books. Our new books are trickling in. I've been writing out lessons and making a supply list. I've only been working in things as I feel like it though. I really needed the break this year.
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 12:59 PM

We started already.  I wanted to be more planned out than I am, but if I keep going back to my plans, I've got a strong outline.  Must follow.....

hipmomto3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 6:01 PM

So much to do. SO MUCH! My head is going to explode.

I am trying to at least start organizing what they are each going to need for the first 9 weeks or so (we have to do 36 weeks so I figure if I can be 1/4 prepared, that's good!), and then pack away everything else so it's not in the way right now.

I'm also preparing for a Spanish class I'll be teaching at co-op so that's a lot of work too.

And my oldest is starting 'middle school' years so I am working up a way to actually keep and record grades for her. It's not required in my state, but I want to get into the habit of it now, so that it'll be no problem once she's in high school (or have it to show if she decides to go to a high school).

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Jul. 2, 2014 at 6:59 PM
I'll start closer to the end of this month. I'm in wedding planning mode with 2.5 weeks left.
No_Difference
by Silver Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 9:57 PM

I am just trying to survive swim season...though I should just say summer in general. I need so desperately to start planning out something, but I have no clue when our summer is going to end and our school year begin. The week after swim is over is fair week for 4H, and we won't even be here that whole time, we'll be headed to WI for the rest of the month of August. We may or may not be back in Sept....This year scares me lol. I do have everything purchased and the school area is mostly put together, just cluttered from the plethora of projects we're working on. As soon as I can get everything cleaned up, I think I can start putting plans down on paper. I just really really really want a start date :/ 

SuperMommy408
by Tamara on Jul. 2, 2014 at 11:37 PM
We're reviewing at the moment and I'm working on planning, my ducks aren't quite in a row yet.
Mommy2Phenley
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 1:09 AM

None, I'm done! And I've decided we're taking a summer break after all. Mostly because summer came at us and a break is happening whether intentional or not so.... I'm calling it intentional :D

jwhit8791
by Jessica on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:21 PM

Man, am I jealous of all you ladies......we are still plodding along try to finish up our last few weeks of this year.  

I did order our stuff for next year online the other day.  We are totally switching up programs so I hope next year goes a lot smoother than this one did.

AllThatBabyJazz
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Trying to. We have an unexpected move coming up so it's pretty chaotic around here.
motheroffour186
by Bronze Member on Jul. 5, 2014 at 5:03 PM
I am working on their school we start the second week in August
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN