Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Scholarships

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 2:09 PM
  • 2 Replies

My neice will graduating in 2015 and is looking to apply for scholarships.  Has anyone bought a book or used a good website to find out about scholarships that you could share with us? 

by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
DyslexiaParent
by Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 6:40 PM

We REALLY liked the "Ultimate Scholarship Book" -- They have a new version each year and each entry is linked to an online entry with a link to take you to the scholarship application.

SandyKC
M.S. Instructional Design, Veteran Homeschooling Mom of "Light of My Life" Boys,
Author

Bleacheddecay
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Both my kids got scholarships, one athletic and one academic. We didn't use a book or website but there really are a lot of scholarships out there so that could be useful.

The academic scholarship didn't even have to be applied for. That ACT scores, and GPA made it automatic when we applied at the college. She also was put in a honors group. She applied to two different ones but they put her in a new one that was very cool.

The athletic one was harder by far. My son worked hard. Went to tons of tournaments. Placed well most of the time. Got in the top 30 in our state and then had several coaches recommending him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN