Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Please help me get my excitement/motivation back!

Posted by   + Show Post

I was, like many of us, really worn out and burned out at the end of the school year in May. I was hoping taking a nice long FULL (no schoolwork) summer break would re-energize me, but I've found the opposite to be true. I am dreading starting back in a couple of weeks! I have looked over all our curriculum and it all sounds really exciting... but I just can't find my enthusiasm. I know part of the trouble is we moved the school room to a smaller bedroom so our girls could have more space, and it's all kind of a MESS in there. I need to get it decluttered and ready to go. 

I'm just not sure what to do to get excited and energetic though. 

How do you keep up the momentum (or get it in the first place!)?  New school supplies? Taking a mini-vacay AWAY from the kids (we've been so so so so so together this summer that franky, I am a little sick of them and am sure they are a little sick of me too!).

by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:53 PM
Replies (21-21):
sweettigeress
by New Member on Jul. 15, 2014 at 9:30 PM

A few things that get me going is shopping for school supplies and searching on pinterest for new and fun ideas for the school year. Organizing the school room may get you going as well. Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)