Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Life of Fred

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:11 AM
  • 6 Replies

Ok so I see a lot about Life of Fred and I hear it is pretty cool.  I am wondering how long it takes to do and if it can be used as a story book with math instead of math curriculum.  My daughter is succeeding with Math u see but I thought if its a fun book that we could read together and work on together it might be worth buying to help solidify her skills.  Thoughts? Opinions?  :)

by on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
hwblyf
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 11:26 AM
1 mom liked this

We use Life of Fred, and we've really enjoyed it.  Last year I did not use anything else with it, this year I've gotten Mathtacular to try out.  I've also got a bunch of math story books and manipulatives, so we'll be practicing outside of our regularly scheduled Life of Fred times.  :)

Pukalani79
by Kristin on Jul. 7, 2014 at 7:39 PM
We use it as a fun supplement, but I know some do it as their sole math curriculum
jen2150
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 8:03 PM
I use math u see with life of Fred. We do it at least twice per week with Math journals. I like use it on my co-op days. It can be used by itself but you would need to supplement and add things to it.
AutymsMommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Definitely. I would never personally use it as a math core. Cute supplement - but not a standalone, imo. I think you have a good plan.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff:  we're Catholic, we're conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Mweddle
by Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 1:10 AM

awesome!  I'm going to buy it!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jul. 8, 2014 at 8:47 AM

You are most likely going to like it!  We read a chapter of Fred every Thursday as a supplement.  By Thursday my boys usually have their MUS lesson to the point that the worksheet goes quickly and they don't need to watch the video again, so LoF bumps our math back up to an hour.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)